About This Chapter
Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Functions Overview - Chapter Summary
The Ohio Integrated Math I End of Course Exam (EOCE) will contain several questions assessing your understanding of mathematical functions. You can study these topics by going over the lessons found in this chapter. The lessons will teach you about subjects such as:
- Basics of functions and key terms
- The identification and notation of functions
- The domain and range in a function
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing functions
- Composing functions
- Inverse functions and inequalities
- How to apply function operations
Upon completing the lessons, make sure to test your understanding of these topics by taking the practice quizzes also included in the chapter. Overall, if you let us help you prepare for the exam, you'll find yourself with a much better chance of doing well on this important test!
1. What is a Function: Basics and Key Terms
Mapping numbers sounds complex, but we do it when we buy gasoline. We pump gasoline, and the gas station charges us based on the amount of gas that we pump. Learn how this relates to functions while reviewing the basics and notations in this lesson.
2. Functions: Identification, Notation & Practice Problems
A function is simply a rule that takes one number and turns it into another. But some special conditions must apply for it to be a true mathematical function. Learn about those conditions and how we write functions here!
3. What Is Domain and Range in a Function?
The domain and range are the possible outputs and inputs of a function. In this lesson, learn about what might restrict the domain and how to figure out the domain and range from a graph.
4. How to Add, Subtract, Multiply and Divide Functions
Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing functions is about as simple as substituting in expressions and then just doing whichever operation it asks you to do. Check out this video lesson to see some examples of this and learn just how easy it is!
5. How to Compose Functions
Function composition is the process of putting two or more functions together. This video lesson will explain how this process works and also show you how to evaluate functions that have been composed.
6. Inverse Functions
Inverse functions are two functions that do exactly opposite things. Check out this lesson to learn about how to write inverse functions, find inverse functions, and predict whether or not they exist.
7. Solving Equations & Inequalities Involving Rational Functions
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve both equations and inequalities that involve rational functions. Learn the steps involved in solving them as well as what to watch out for.
8. Applying Function Operations Practice Problems
In this lesson, learn how to apply all the different properties of functions to solve complex problems. From function operations and composition to domain and range, get your practice here!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio End of Course Exam - Integrated Math I: Test Prep & Practice course
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Basic Math
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Decimals & Percents
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Inequalities
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Solving Linear Equations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Systems of Linear Equations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Distributing Terms in Algebra
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Exponents
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Polynomials
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Rational Expressions
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: FOIL & Quadratic Equations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Matrices & Absolute Value
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Square Roots
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Basic Algebra
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Rotations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Foundations of Geometry
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Theorems & Proofs
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Complex Numbers
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Exponential & Logarithmic Expressions
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Factorials & Binomial Theory
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Sequences & Series
- Ohio End of Course Exam - Integrated Math I Flashcards