About This Chapter
Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Polynomials - Chapter Summary
This chapter is designed to enhance your comprehension of polynomials and improve your confidence as you prepare to take the Ohio EOCE - Integrated Math I exam. Review video lessons presented by expert instructors with a wealth of math knowledge. After exploring this chapter, you will be able to:
- Define polynomials, binomials and quadratics
- Add, subtract and multiply polynomials
- Understand polynomial functions
- Demonstrate how to use synthetic division to divide polynomials
- Solve equations with literal coefficients using the quadratic formula
- Use the quadratic formula to solve problems
Watch any lesson in its video or full transcript format to ensure you prepare for the test in a manner that best suits your study habits. If you choose to access the lessons as videos, take advantage of video tags that allow you to skip to key topics without watching them in full. Test your comprehension of polynomials by taking the short quiz with each lesson. If you answer any question on a quiz incorrectly, simply click the link next to the incorrect answer to revisit and review the related portion of the accompanying video lesson.
1. What are Polynomials, Binomials, and Quadratics?
What do polynomials, binomials, and quadratics have in common? What are their differences? How can you identify each of them? Watch this video lesson to find the answers.
2. How to Add, Subtract and Multiply Polynomials
Adding, subtracting and multiplying polynomials are, basically, the same as adding, subtracting and multiplying numbers. They only difference is that we have a pesky variable to worry about, but this video will show you that's no problem, so no worries! This method has worked for many of my students, and I think it will work for you, too!
3. Polynomial Functions: Properties and Factoring
Everything from projectile motion to trigonometric functions can be described by polynomials. Review factoring, polynomials and quadratic functions in this lesson.
4. How to Use Synthetic Division to Divide Polynomials
Synthetic division is a 'short-cut' way of dividing a polynomial by a monomial. You still need to know long division, sorry, but this method is way fun when you're dividing by a monomial!
5. Dividing Polynomials with Long and Synthetic Division: Practice Problems
Let's look at some more polynomial division problems. We will use long division and synthetic division, but this time we will have a couple of more involved problems. So, get out some paper and a pencil and let's begin!
6. Using the Quadratic Formula to Solve Equations with Literal Coefficients
Watch this video lesson to find out what steps you need to take to solve equations with literal coefficients using the quadratic formula. Learn why it might be easier to work with literal coefficients than with number coefficients.
7. Solving Problems using the Quadratic Formula
The quadratic formula is not as complicated as it may look. You can learn to tackle this formula and succeed in using it to help you solve your quadratic problems. Watch this video to see how.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio End of Course Exam - Integrated Math I: Test Prep & Practice course
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Basic Math
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Decimals & Percents
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Inequalities
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Solving Linear Equations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Systems of Linear Equations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Distributing Terms in Algebra
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Exponents
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Rational Expressions
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: FOIL & Quadratic Equations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Functions Overview
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Matrices & Absolute Value
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Square Roots
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Basic Algebra
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Rotations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Foundations of Geometry
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Theorems & Proofs
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Complex Numbers
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Exponential & Logarithmic Expressions
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Factorials & Binomial Theory
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Sequences & Series
- Ohio End of Course Exam - Integrated Math I Flashcards