About This Chapter
Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Rational Expressions- Chapter Summary
When you are preparing to take the Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I exam, you will want to feel confident in your capability to answer any questions that you will encounter on the test. This chapter can help you tackle questions related to rational expressions. You will find the following topics in this chapter:
- Adding and subtracting rational expressions
- Solving rate problems
- Multiplying and dividing rational expressions
- Solving rational equations
- Literal coefficients
- Constant and average rates
This chapter has numerous resources that are all mobile friendly. You can prepare for the Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I exam on your home computer or on a mobile device away from home. All you need is a reliable internet connection and you can conveniently study where and when it is best for you. When you complete our lessons, we have quizzes and a chapter test available for you to test your knowledge of the material.
1. How to Add and Subtract Rational Expressions
Adding and subtracting rational expressions brings everything you learned about fractions into the world of algebra. We will mix common denominators with factoring and FOILing.
2. Solving Problems Using Rates
In this video lesson, learn how to set up rate problems so you can easily solve them. You will become familiar with the rate formula and you will see how easy it is to use.
3. Practice Adding and Subtracting Rational Expressions
Adding and subtracting rational expressions can feel daunting, especially when trying to find a common denominator. Let me show you the process I like to use. I think it will make adding and subtracting rational expressions more enjoyable!
4. How to Multiply and Divide Rational Expressions
Multiplying and dividing rational polynomial expressions is exactly like multiplying and dividing fractions. Like fractions, we will reduce. With polynomial expressions we use factoring and canceling. I also give you a little mnemonic to help you remember when you need a common denominator and when you don't.
5. Multiplying and Dividing Rational Expressions: Practice Problems
Let's continue looking at multiplying and dividing rational polynomials. In this lesson, we will look at a couple longer problems, while giving you some practice multiplying and dividing.
6. How to Solve a Rational Equation
A rational equation is one that contains fractions. Yes, we will be finding a common denominator that has 'x's. But no worries! Together we will use a process that will help us solve rational equations every time!
7. Rational Equations: Practice Problems
Mario and Bill own a local carwash and have several complex tasks that they must use rational equations to solve for an answer. Enjoy learning how they solve these equations to help them with some of their day-to-day tasks.
8. Solving Rational Equations with Literal Coefficients
Watch this video lesson and be amazed at how you can solve a rational equation with numbers and letters in it. Learn how to solve rational equations with literal coefficients, and you will learn how to solve any rational equation you come across!
9. Solving Problems Using Rational Equations
Follow the steps you will learn in this video lesson to help you solve rational equation problems. See how the process turns what looks like a huge problem into a much simpler and easier to manage problem.
10. Finding Constant and Average Rates
Watch this video lesson to learn the differences between constant and average rates. You will learn the steps you need to take to find them and get two great visuals you can keep in mind to help you solve these rate problems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio End of Course Exam - Integrated Math I: Test Prep & Practice course
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Basic Math
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Decimals & Percents
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Inequalities
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Solving Linear Equations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Systems of Linear Equations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Distributing Terms in Algebra
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Exponents
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Polynomials
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: FOIL & Quadratic Equations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Functions Overview
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Matrices & Absolute Value
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Square Roots
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Basic Algebra
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Rotations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Foundations of Geometry
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Theorems & Proofs
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Complex Numbers
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Exponential & Logarithmic Expressions
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Factorials & Binomial Theory
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Sequences & Series
- Ohio End of Course Exam - Integrated Math I Flashcards