About This Chapter
Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Overview of Trigonometry - Chapter Summary
With the lessons in this chapter, review fundamental trigonometric equations, laws and theorems. You'll study up on trig identities, sine, cosine and tangents. The lessons will help you prepare for the Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II exam. In this chapter, you'll explore:
- How to graph the tangent function
- The first quadrant
- Ways to convert between radians and degrees
- Essential trig identities
- Sine and cosine
- Pythagorean theorem
- Uses for the Law of Sines and Law of Cosines
- The double angle formula
We strive to keep the educational experience refreshing and efficient, so you'll find several methods for learning. Watch engaging video lessons that visually exhibit the material. Refer to the video transcripts as a resource for taking notes. Take a quiz after each lesson to apply what you've learned. After viewing all of the lessons, take a cumulative chapter exam to test your knowledge of the topics.
1. Graphing the Tangent Function: Amplitude, Period, Phase Shift & Vertical Shift
Take a look at how the graph of a tangent function and how we can transform it by making a few small changes to its equation. This video shows how to graph the original function and explains its transformations.
2. Unit Circle: Memorizing the First Quadrant
Memorizing the unit circle can be a daunting task, but this lesson will show you a pattern to help you memorize the points, degree measures, and radian measures for the entire first quadrant.
3. Converting Between Radians and Degrees
Angles can be measured in degrees or radians. This lesson will explore the difference and provide you with a simple calculation that can be used to convert degrees into radians and radians into degrees.
4. How to Solve Trigonometric Equations for X
Adding trigonometric functions into standard algebra equations adds complexity. Learn how to solve trigonometric equations for x and how to use inverse operations to simplify equations.
5. List of the Basic Trig Identities
There are specific trig functions that have very special and very simple relationships with each other. Learn the main one and how you can use it to understand the others.
6. Trigonometry: Sine and Cosine
Learn an easy trick to help you solve trigonometry problems, including problems with sine, cosine and inverse trig functions. At the end of this lesson, you'll know what SohCahToa means and how to use it.
7. Trigonometry and the Pythagorean Theorem
Explore how the Pythagorean Theorem can be used in conjunction with trigonometric functions. In this lesson, take an inverse trigonometric function, and define all three sides of a right triangle.
8. Law of Sines: Definition and Application
Don't get stuck trying to find missing sides or angles in a triangle. Use the Law of Sines to rescue you from any perilous triangle in which you have just a few pieces of information.
9. Law of Cosines: Definition and Application
In this lesson, we'll learn how to solve problems involving three sides and one angle in a triangle. The Law of Cosines, a modification of the Pythagorean Theorem, will save the day.
10. The Double Angle Formula
When you encounter a doubled angle, there are special formulas that can help you handle trigonometric value. In this lesson, we'll define and practice using the double angle formulas for sine, cosine and tangent.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio End of Course Exam - Integrated Math II: Test Prep & Practice course
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Basic Math Review
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Basic Algebraic Expressions
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Solving Word Problems
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Polynomials
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Solving Quadratic Equations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Linear Equations & Inequalities
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Absolute Value Equations & Inequalities
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Graphing Linear Equations & Inequalities
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Functions in Math
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Graphing Functions
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Rational Expressions
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Matrices
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Sequences & Series
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Exponentials & Logarithms
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Complex Numbers
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Advanced Coordinate Geometry
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Calculating Probability & Permutations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Working with Data & Statistics
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Calculating the Standard Deviation
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Logic in Mathematics
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Understanding Limits
- Ohio End of Course Exam - Integrated Math II Flashcards