About This Chapter
Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Sequences & Series - Chapter Summary
Determine what defines a mathematical sequence and how to identify and classify arithmetic and geometric sequences in this helpful and easy to follow chapter. Each lesson will help you review key concepts related to mathematical sequencing and series so you can successfully answer similar questions on the Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II exam. Other relevant topics examined in this chapter include:
- Mathematical series
- Summation notation
- Calculating arithmetic and geometric series
After carefully examining the concepts in each lesson, review what you've learned by taking the supplemental multiple-choice quizzes. These interactive assessments allow you to click on embedded links that will direct you back to specific points within the lessons if you need to quickly review a concept. You can also print the corresponding quiz worksheets to use as hard-copy study material. The more comprehensive chapter exam will help you practice multiple concepts covered throughout the chapter and allows you to assess your preparedness for related questions on the Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II exam.
1. What is a Mathematical Sequence?
Math is often the most fun when it acts like a puzzle to be solved. The branch of math where this is the most true involves sequences. Get an introduction to the basics and important vocabulary, as well as learn where sequences appear in nature!
2. How to Find and Classify an Arithmetic Sequence
Arithmetic sequences are everywhere, and with a few tricks you learn here, you could end up looking like a psychic the next time you go to a movie or a football game!
3. Finding and Classifying Geometric Sequences
Want your YouTube video to get a lot of hits? Besides including a cute baby or an adorable cat, getting your video to have a big common ratio is the key. Learn what I'm talking about here!
4. Summation Notation and Mathematical Series
The capital Greek letter sigma might be most recognizable as a common symbol in a fraternity or sorority, but it's used for some pretty cool math tricks too. In this lesson, learn how to use sigma for things like determining how many seats are in Michigan Stadium.
5. How to Calculate an Arithmetic Series
In this lesson, you'll learn how to sum up any arithmetic sequence without having to add up each and every term. You'll never guess the circumstances that led to the discovery of this marvelous formula.
6. How to Calculate a Geometric Series
If you're not satisfied with knowing how many views your YouTube video will get any one day and need to know how many total views you're getting, geometric series are for you! Learn more in this lesson.
7. Arithmetic and Geometric Series: Practice Problems
There are many different types of problems concerning series and sequences - including some that are pretty abstract. From bouncing balls to adding up odd numbers, test your skills here with additional arithmetic and geometric series practice!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio End of Course Exam - Integrated Math II: Test Prep & Practice course
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Basic Math Review
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Basic Algebraic Expressions
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Solving Word Problems
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Polynomials
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Solving Quadratic Equations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Linear Equations & Inequalities
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Absolute Value Equations & Inequalities
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Graphing Linear Equations & Inequalities
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Functions in Math
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Graphing Functions
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Rational Expressions
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Matrices
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Exponentials & Logarithms
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Complex Numbers
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Advanced Coordinate Geometry
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Overview of Trigonometry
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Calculating Probability & Permutations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Working with Data & Statistics
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Calculating the Standard Deviation
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Logic in Mathematics
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Understanding Limits
- Ohio End of Course Exam - Integrated Math II Flashcards