About This Chapter
Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Solving Quadratic Equations - Chapter Summary
When taking a test like the Ohio EOCE - Integrated Math II exam, it's good to feel confident that you're prepared for any questions you could face. This chapter provides a comprehensive overview of solving quadratic equations that ensures you're able to:
- Define the quadratic equation
- Understand how to assign the greatest common factor and multiplication property of zero
- Use the quadratic formula to solve a quadratic equation
- Solve quadratics that are not in standard form
- Solve quadratic inequalities using two binomials, and factor quadratic equations
- Demonstrate how to complete the square
- Exhibit your ability to solve quadratic equations and trinomials by factoring
- Show how to use the quadratic formula to solve equations with literal coefficients
Enjoy the flexibility of studying for the test from your home computer, smartphone, or tablet any time, day or night. Lessons are accessible as videos with clickable tags that allow you to skip to key topics without watching them in full. Full transcripts of the lessons are also available with helpful vocabulary words you can use to deepen your understanding of how to solve quadratic equations. Take the short quiz with each lesson to gauge your comprehension of the subject area. If you want a thorough review of all the lessons, feel free to take the practice chapter exam.
1. What is a Quadratic Equation? - Definition & Examples
You might be surprised to learn that quadratic equations are an important part of the world we live in. We sometimes even make use of them for our entertainment! Watch this video lesson to learn more about these equations.
2. Solving Quadratics: Assigning the Greatest Common Factor and Multiplication Property of Zero
When it comes to solving quadratics, we have at our disposal several methods. Watch this video lesson to learn one such method you can use to solve quadratics that don't have a constant term.
3. How to Use the Quadratic Formula to Solve a Quadratic Equation
When solving a quadratic equation by factoring doesn't work, the quadratic formula is here to save the day. Learn what it is and how to use it in this lesson.
4. How to Solve Quadratics That Are Not in Standard Form
It isn't always the case that your equation will be set up nicely for you to solve. In this lesson, learn how to factor or use the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations, even when they are not in standard form.
5. Solving Quadratic Inequalities Using Two Binomials
Watch this video lesson to learn what simple steps you can take to solve quadratic inequalities using two binomials. See how it only requires a few steps to solve quadratic inequalities using this method.
6. Factoring Quadratic Equations: Polynomial Problems with a Non-1 Leading Coefficient
Once you get good at factoring quadratics with 1x squared in the front of the expression, it's time to try ones with numbers other than 1. It will be the same general idea, but there are a few extra steps to learn. Do that here!
7. How to Solve a Quadratic Equation by Factoring
If your favorite video game, 'Furious Fowls,' gave you the quadratic equation for each shot you made, would you be able to solve the equation to make sure every one hit its target? If not, you will after watching this video!
8. How to Complete the Square
Completing the square can help you learn where the maximum or minimum of a parabola is. If you're running a business and trying to make some money, it might be a good idea to know how to do this! Find out what I'm talking about here.
9. Completing the Square Practice Problems
Completing the square is one of the most confusing things you'll be asked to do in an algebra class. Once you get the general idea, it's best to get in there and actually do a few practice problems to make sure you understand the process. Do that here!
10. Using the Quadratic Formula to Solve Equations with Literal Coefficients
Watch this video lesson to find out what steps you need to take to solve equations with literal coefficients using the quadratic formula. Learn why it might be easier to work with literal coefficients than with number coefficients.
11. Solving Problems using the Quadratic Formula
The quadratic formula is not as complicated as it may look. You can learn to tackle this formula and succeed in using it to help you solve your quadratic problems. Watch this video to see how.
12. How to Factor Quadratic Equations: FOIL in Reverse
So, you know how to multiply binomials with the FOIL method, but can you do it backwards? That's exactly what factoring is, and it can be pretty tricky. Check out this lesson to learn a method that will allow you to factor quadratic trinomials with a leading coefficient of 1.
13. Solving Quadratic Trinomials by Factoring
Factoring is a quick and easy way to find the solutions to a quadratic trinomial. Watch this video lesson to learn how you can use this method to solve your quadratics.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio End of Course Exam - Integrated Math II: Test Prep & Practice course
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Basic Math Review
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Basic Algebraic Expressions
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Solving Word Problems
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Polynomials
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Linear Equations & Inequalities
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Absolute Value Equations & Inequalities
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Graphing Linear Equations & Inequalities
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Functions in Math
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Graphing Functions
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Rational Expressions
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Matrices
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Sequences & Series
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Exponentials & Logarithms
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Complex Numbers
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Advanced Coordinate Geometry
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Overview of Trigonometry
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Calculating Probability & Permutations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Working with Data & Statistics
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Calculating the Standard Deviation
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Logic in Mathematics
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math II: Understanding Limits
- Ohio End of Course Exam - Integrated Math II Flashcards