About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Find the lesson within this chapter that corresponds to what you're studying in the Systems of Equations and Inequalities chapter of your textbook.
- Watch fun videos that cover the equations and inequalities concepts you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quiz after watching each video lesson to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material, or submit a question for one of our instructors.
You'll learn all of the math topics covered in the textbook chapter, including:
- Solving systems of linear equations by graphing
- Solving by substitution
- Examples of systems of linear equations
- Solving by multiplying
- Solving linear inequalities
- Graphing linear inequality
On Core Mathematics is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. How to Solve Systems of Linear Equations by Graphing
Systems of linear equations are important in many branches of math and science, so knowing how to solve them is important. In this lesson, learn one way to find the solution of a system of linear equations by graphing.
2. How to Solve a System of Equations by Substitution
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can solve a system of equations by using the substitution method. Learn the key to using the substitution method and take a quiz to practice your new skills.
3. System of Linear Equations: Definition & Examples
A system of linear equations can come in handy when we come across problems where we have more than one quantity to find. In this lesson, we'll learn how to define a system of linear equations and look at examples.
4. Solving Linear Systems by Multiplying
There are several ways to solve systems of linear equations: listing, substitution, graphing, and multiplying. This lesson will focus on how to solve them using multiplying (also known as elimination).
5. Solving Linear Inequalities: Practice Problems
Linear inequalities may look intimidating, but they're really not much different than linear equations. In this lesson, we'll practice solving a variety of linear inequalities.
6. Linear Inequality: Solving, Graphing & Problems
If you can solve linear equations, you can solve linear inequalities. In this lesson, you will learn how similar the solving processes are. You will also learn the notations you need to use when graphing linear inequalities.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Harcourt On Core Mathematics - Algebra 1: Online Textbook Help course
- On Core Mathematics Algebra 1 Unit 1: Algebraic Modeling and Unit Analysis
- On Core Mathematics Algebra 1 Unit 2: Linear Equations and Inequalities
- On Core Mathematics Algebra 1 Unit 4: Linear Functions
- On Core Mathematics Algebra 1 Unit 5: Exponential Functions
- On Core Mathematics Algebra 1 Unit 6: Piecewise and Absolute Value Functions
- On Core Mathematics Algebra 1 Unit 7: Quadratic Functions of the Form of f(x) = a(x-h)^2 + k
- On Core Mathematics Algebra 1 Unit 8: Quadratic Functions of the Form of f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
- On Core Mathematics Algebra 1 Unit 9: Data Analysis