About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering online business communication material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn online business communication. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding online communication in business
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning internet business communication (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about online business communication
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra online business and marketing learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Online Business Communication chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Online Business Communication chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any business communication question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an online business communication unit of a standard internet and social media marketing course. Topics covered include:
- Pros and cons of electronic communication
- Appropriate and professional use of communication technology
- Workplace email how-to
- Use of social media in business
1. The Importance of Using Communication Technology Wisely
It is very important for businesses to use communication technology wisely. This lesson explores why companies need guidelines or a code of conduct for employees to understand the limits of cell phones, emails, texting, and social media.
2. Using Electronic Channels of Communication: Strengths and Weaknesses
Electronic channels of communication allow businesses to reach customers and communicate internally through the use of fax, text and email. Employees should be aware that there are both advantages and disadvantages to using electronic tools.
3. Writing Effective Emails in the Workplace: Formality, Content, Language and Format
Businesses need to train their employees in the art of writing effective emails in the workplace. The key factors of a successful email revolve around having the correct knowledge of email formality, content, language and format.
4. Blogs, Podcasts, and Wikis in Business Communication
Business communication has drastically evolved in the last decade. In this lesson, we'll look at alternative uses of communication that help improve quality, public relations and internal employee relationships through the use of blogs, podcasts and wikis.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.