About This Chapter
Online Credential Options for Teachers - Chapter Summary
If you'd like to know more about your options for obtaining teaching credentials online, this resourceful chapter will explain those possibilities. Knowledgeable instructors first explain the purpose of teacher credentialing, then they explore, in more detail, the specific credentialing opportunities available online. Additionally, you'll learn how to earn digital badges, micro-credentialing and micro-degrees.
How It Helps
- Establishes awareness: This chapter features all of your options for online credentialing so you are aware of the different types available.
- Provides instructions: Aside from outlining your online credentialing options, you'll also be given instructions on how to earn them.
- Keeps you up-to-date: The options featured in this chapter include the most recent opportunities offered for online teacher credentialing so you know what's available and how to maintain it.
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Identify the different types of online teacher credentialing available
- Understand the steps needed to earn a digital badge, micro-credential and/or micro-degree
- Maintain your teaching credential using the options described
1. What is Micro Credentialing?
Do you ever wish you could earn recognition for the new skills you learn every day? Micro-credentials might be the answer. Read on to learn how the emergence of micro-credentials offer new opportunities for professional growth.
2. How to Earn a Micro Credential
Interested in earning a micro-credential, but not sure where to start? There are many places to earn these credentials which can help elevate your career. Keep reading to find out how to earn these new credentials and where to begin.
3. How to Earn a Micro Degree
Are you interested in gaining recognition for new skills, but looking for something more compact than a traditional degree or certificate program? Micro-degrees might be the answer. Read on to learn more about micro-degrees and how to earn one.
4. What is a Digital Badge?
Earning a digital badge online is a great way to showcase your accomplishments. But what is a digital badge? Read on to learn more about digital badges, a new type of skill validation.
5. How to Earn a Digital Badge
Earning a digital badge is like collecting digital proof of your accomplishments. But how do you earn one, who offers them, and how do you begin? Read on to learn more about how to earn a digital badge.
6. What is Teacher Credentialing?
Teacher credentialing is the process used to determine prospective educators' qualifications to teach. Read this article to learn more about these credentials, find out what it takes to earn them and discover resources to help you meet some of the requirements.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Teaching Resources course
- Teacher Development & Certification Resources
- Common Core Standards by State
- Classroom Management Resources
- Curriculum Resources for Teachers
- Language Arts & Social Studies Educational Resources
- Math & Science Educational Resources
- Sample Rubrics for Teachers
- Lesson Plans for Teachers
- Praxis Test by State