About This Chapter
Online Privacy & Security - Chapter Summary
This chapter assists you in thoroughly reviewing information about online privacy and security through engaging video lessons. Measure your knowledge of the concepts by taking self-assessment quizzes. You will review the following subjects in this chapter:
- Issues of ethics with technological management in business
- Effects of technology on privacy
- Ways to protect consumer privacy online
- Definition of cyber crime
Each video contains its own topic links. The entire chapter is mobile-friendly to allow you to take it wherever you go. Printable worksheets give you the ability to study when you're not near a mobile device.
1. Ethical Issues in Managing Technology in Business
It is a challenge for companies to balance the need for technology with the elements of privacy and security. Let's analyze some ethical issues, such as information security, balancing the privacy of employees with the need for monitoring employees, file sharing, and copyright infringement.
2. Impact of Technology on Privacy
Technology has a number of social and ethical implications that cause debate and concern. One specific issue is privacy. Information technology has opened up society and decreased privacy. This lesson will explore a number of privacy issues that are of concern, including electronic surveillance, availability of personal information, cookies and spyware, and workplace monitoring.
3. Protecting Consumer Privacy Online
Every week, there is a news headline announcing a consumer data breach from a well-known organization. In this lesson, you will learn how government and business is trying to protect consumer privacy online.
4. What Is Cyber Crime? - Definition, Types & Examples
In this lesson, we will learn about cyber crimes. We will look at what these crimes are and what they mean. Then, we will take a closer look at some specific examples.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Communications: Help & Review course
- Business Communication Framework
- Spoken & Written Messages
- Preparing Written Messages
- Communicating Electronically
- Delivering Good & Neutral Tone Messages
- Delivering Bad News Messages
- Delivering Persuasive Messages
- Reporting Process & Research Methods of Business Communication
- Managing Data & Using Graphs in Business Communications
- Organizing & Preparing Reports & Proposals
- Designing & Delivering Business Presentations
- Preparing Job Applications
- Management Theory
- Organization in Business Management
- Motivation & Management Theories in Business
- Decision Making & Problem Solving Strategies
- Principles of Change Management
- Control as a Function of Management
- Basic Financial Statements
- Inventory Cost & Valuation
- Fundamentals of Microeconomics
- Understanding Enterprise Business Systems