About This Chapter
Online Productivity & Collaboration Tools - Chapter Summary
In modern workplace environments, online tools are frequently used for productivity and collaborative purposes. To help your employees learn about these types of tools and how to use them properly, simply assign this convenient online training chapter. Through a series of short and engaging lessons, your employees will study the functions of several tools for collaboration, video conferencing, online presentation and time management. The chapter also comes with short quizzes to help your employees check their understanding of these concepts.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter helps employees become aware of tools that are commonly used in online collaborative environments.
- Compares several tools: Employees become more knowledgeable about the functions of time management, video conferencing and online presentation tools.
- Helps employees choose appropriate tools: Employees who complete the chapter should be able to select the best tools for collaborative business tasks.
By the end of the chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Compare types of databases and collaboration tools
- Recognize tools for virtual team collaboration, online presentation delivery and time management
- Assess the pros/cons and benefits/challenges of video conferencing
- Choose optimal business collaboration tools
1. What are Databases? - Examples & Types
In this lesson, we'll be looking at databases, which are computer mechanisms for storing and retrieving data. Test your knowledge following the lesson with a quiz.
2. What Are Collaboration Tools? - Definition & Types
This lesson will discuss collaboration tools, a broad term used for multiple types of software or services allowing people to work together online. Learn about how these technologies work and review examples of everyday usage.
3. Collaboration Tools for Virtual Teams
This lesson goes over some of the many collaboration tools virtual teams can use to improve their performance. These include Dropbox, Google Docs, and many more.
4. What Is Video Conferencing? - Definition, Advantages & Disadvantages
Video conferencing is the ability to host live interactive meetings by using Internet connectivity, a computer and a web camera. With video conferencing, businesses can now hold meetings with the participants being virtually anywhere in the world.
5. Video Conferencing for Virtual Teams: Benefits & Challenges
Video conferencing is an exciting way to connect employees and share information in real time. There are many benefits and challenges to meeting virtually; this lesson identifies several of each, and explains their effect on the success of video conferences.
6. Tools for Delivering Online Presentations
In this lesson, we'll be learning about the tools you need for delivering online presentations. Your presentation is your chance to shine, and you'll need the right tools to make that happen.
7. Managing Time With Technology: Types & Tools
This lesson discusses some of the technologies that help people better manage their time. You'll learn about the many features they provide and when they might be applied.
8. Practical Application: Choosing the Best Collaboration Tool for Business
Online collaboration tools allow co-workers to do everything from videoconferencing to sharing files to managing projects. In this activity, you'll find two scenarios where you need to pick the best collaboration tool.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.