About This Chapter
Open Source Tools & Cloud Operations - Chapter Summary
OpenStack and CloudStack are two open-source software tools that can be used to create and manage clouds. In this chapter, our expert instructors show your employees how to use these tools, create private clouds and recognize fundamental concepts related cloud management. These resources are available any time that's convenient, so feel free to use them during cloud computing training sessions. Your employees can also access the chapter materials whenever they have free time. Included in the chapter are short quizzes and a comprehensive exam that can solidify your employees' cloud operations knowledge.
How It Helps
- Improves awareness: The chapter helps your employees become aware of the purpose and importance of cloud management.
- Covers open-source software: Lessons show employees how to use open-source software tools to build and manage clouds.
- Improves cloud computing skills: Employees who complete the chapter will boost their skills in managing cloud operations and using tools like CloudStack and OpenStack.
By the end of the chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Explain the purpose of cloud management
- Build and manage clouds using CloudStack and OpenStack
- Use OpenStack to create a private cloud
1. Cloud Management: Purpose & Examples
How does one manage the Cloud properly? What are cloud management's most important aspects? Let's delve into this along with an overview of the managed entities and cloud management scenarios in this lesson.
2. Using CloudStack for Building & Managing Clouds
This lesson will guide you through the basics of the CloudStack software. It includes the fundamental features and components of CloudStack, a valuable tool for creating and managing cloud-based services.
3. Using OpenStack for Building & Managing Clouds
How would we define the open-source software stack by the name of OpenStack? And what does it consist of? What are its main components? These two questions are to be thoroughly answered in this lesson.
4. How to Create a Private Cloud with OpenStack
How does one create a Virtual Machine inside OpenStack? What are the steps and how do you carry each of them out? This lesson will walk you through those steps.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.