About This Chapter
Operating a Scientific Calculator - Chapter Summary
These lessons provide you with an overview of the available functions and uses of a scientific calculator. Explore radians, degrees and graphing functions. You will also learn how to solve different types of equations using the processing power of a scientific calculator. After this lesson is done, you will be able to:
- Explain how to use radians and degrees
- Identify different functions of scientific calculators
- Discuss trigonometric equations
- Recognize the graphing capabilities of a scientific calculator
These lessons are designed to help you review the most important information in an easy-to-digest format. They include self-assessment quizzes that allow you to identify any confusing topics. If you would like to go over anything, the Timeline in your account lets you jump back to specific topics in the lessons.
1. Radians & Degrees on a Calculator
While we may have a tendency to think of angles solely in terms of degrees, the truth is that radians offer a useful way of looking at them. However, being able to switch between the two is crucial for making the most of having a calculator.
2. Trigonometry Functions & Exponentials on a Calculator
Despite the fact that you've probably used a scientific calculator since middle school, it's really only in high school and college that you learn what all the keys are for. In this lesson, we look at trigonometric functions and exponential keys.
3. How to Solve Equations on a Calculator
After watching this video lesson, you will know how to use a basic scientific calculator to help you solve your mathematical equations. You will learn how a scientific calculator makes it easier to calculate your mathematical expressions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the UExcel Calculus: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Graphing and Functions
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Rate of Change
- Calculating Derivatives and Derivative Rules
- Graphing Derivatives and L'Hopital's Rule
- Applications of Derivatives
- Area Under the Curve and Integrals
- Integration and Integration Techniques
- Integration Applications
- Differential Equations
- UExcel Calculus Flashcards