About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Optimization in Business Calculus Lesson Plans chapter into a 3-day unit. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||Optimization basics||Learn the basics for optimization through the use of graphs and discover the five key steps for optimizing any set of numbers.|
|Tuesday||Simple Systems||Apply the 5-step process to optimizing simple systems.|
|Wednesday||Complex Systems||Demonstrate how to optimize complex systems with the 5-step process.|
1. Optimization and Differentiation
In this lesson, you can learn what optimization means from a mathematical standpoint. Using the techniques taught in this lesson, you can use the five steps to optimization to figure out practical things, like how much sleep you need to get before an exam.
2. Optimizing Simple Systems
Optimization problems may seem overwhelming, but they can actually be quite simple. In this lesson, learn how to use a handy five-step formula to tackle these daunting problems.
3. Optimizing Complex Systems
In this lesson, you'll learn how to follow a five-step process to solve complex optimization problems by visualizing, defining, writing an equation, finding the minimum or maximum, and answering the question.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Calculus Syllabus & Lesson Plans course
- Functions for Business Calculus Lesson Plans
- Working with Limits in Business Calculus Lesson Plans
- Derivatives & Differentiation in Business Calculus Lesson Plans
- Calculating & Graphing Derivatives in Business Calculus Lesson Plans
- Derivatives of Functions in Business Calculus Lesson Plans
- Logarithms in Business Calculus Lesson Plans
- Integrals in Business Calculus Lesson Plans
- Growth Models in Business Calculus Lesson Plans
- Multi-Variable Calculus Lesson Plans