About This Chapter
Who's It For:
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering optimization material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn optimization in business calculus. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding optimization in business calculus
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning business (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about optimization in business calculus
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra business learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Optimization in Business Calculus chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Optimization in Business Calculus chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question about optimization in business calculus. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an optimization unit of a standard business calculus course. Topics covered include:
- Optimization and differentiation
- Simple systems
- Complex system optimization
1. Optimization and Differentiation
In this lesson, you can learn what optimization means from a mathematical standpoint. Using the techniques taught in this lesson, you can use the five steps to optimization to figure out practical things, like how much sleep you need to get before an exam.
2. Optimizing Simple Systems
Optimization problems may seem overwhelming, but they can actually be quite simple. In this lesson, learn how to use a handy five-step formula to tackle these daunting problems.
3. Optimizing Complex Systems
In this lesson, you'll learn how to follow a five-step process to solve complex optimization problems by visualizing, defining, writing an equation, finding the minimum or maximum, and answering the question.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Calculus: Help & Review course
- Functions for Business Calculus
- Working with Limits in Business Calculus
- Derivatives & Differentiation in Business Calculus
- Calculating & Graphing Derivatives in Business Calculus
- Derivatives of Functions in Business Calculus
- Logarithms in Business Calculus
- Integrals in Business Calculus
- Growth Models in Business Calculus
- Multi-Variable Calculus