About This Chapter
Order of Operations Lesson Plans & Games - Chapter Summary
Our informative chapter provides you with lesson plans and games to help you successfully teach your students about the order of operations in math. These lessons cover math drills, activities, projects and more that all help enforce the concepts associated with the order of operations. All of our learning materials are accessible 24 hours a day on any mobile phone, tablet or computer, so you can work on your lessons and curriculum at whatever time works best for you.
How It Helps
- Offers variety of learning options: It's easy to teach in a variety of learning styles with these lessons, which offer projects, activities, drills and more.
- Helps to achieve standards: Because our lessons are written by professional instructors, you can be confident that your curriculum meets educational standards.
- Encourages learning application: By making learning fun with games, activities and drills, your students are more likely to retain the information that they're learning.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan resources with relevant tools to make planning math lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific order of operations topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your math class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related order of operations lessons with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important order math concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant order of operations-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Order of Operations Lesson Plan for Elementary School
This lesson plan will help you introduce order of operations to elementary students through a small group activity and rolling dice to make sample problems. An extension activity is included to complement the group activity.
2. Order of Operations Math Drills
Whether you use PEMDAS, BIDMAS, or something else entirely, order of operations can be a challenge for students. Try some of these math drill ideas to help students get the hang of it and increase their speed and accuracy.
3. What Is The Order of Operations in Math? - Definition & Examples
The order of operations is the steps used to simplify any mathematical expression. In this video, learn how to solve problems using these steps and easy tricks to remember them.
4. Order of Operations Activities
Order of operations can seem kind of arbitrary, and this makes it a little challenging for students. Help them stay focused as they learn all about the order of operations with these activities.
5. Order of Operations Projects
Order of operations doesn't have to be dull and boring -- it can be learned through projects instead. Check out some of these ideas for projects you can use in your classroom.
6. Order of Operations Lesson Plan
Use this Study.com lesson plan to teach students about the order of operations in math. Learn an easy acronym, then have students practice along with the lesson. To expand their knowledge, consider adding related lessons and extension activities to your unit.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Algebra Lesson Plans & Activities course