About This Chapter
Order Primates: Chimpanzees & Bonobos - Chapter Summary
Our instructors discuss chimpanzees and bonobos as found in the order Primates in this informative chapter. Topics include the habitat and diet of both bonobos and chimpanzees. When you review these resources, you can do so any time you'd like on your mobile device or computer. We've created these lessons to be self-paced, so you can go back and review any of the subjects as many times as needed. The multiple-choice quiz following each lesson provides a great way to check your comprehension ahead of a test or before moving on in the chapter. These lessons are designed to help you:
- Describe the reproductive cycle of bonobos
- Recall the anatomy of chimpanzees
- Outline the life cycle of a chimpanzee
- Discuss the cognition and intelligence of chimpanzees
- Identify the population of chimpanzees
- Differentiate between the different chimpanzee types
1. Bonobos: Habitat & Diet
In this lesson, you'll learn about the bonobo, a close relative of the chimpanzee. Specifically, we will look at their geographic range, habitat, and their typical diet.
2. Bonobos: Reproduction & Facts
The bonobo is a very captivating creature that has many interesting facts which we will study about in this lesson. We will also study about their reproduction.
3. Chimpanzees: Anatomy, Classification & Facts
In this lesson, we will study the bodily structure and the scientific categorization about the chimpanzee. Also find out some common and not so common facts about these primates.
4. Chimpanzees: Habitat & Diet
In this lesson we'll take a look at a fascinating and unique ape: the chimpanzee. Specifically, you'll learn about its geographic range, its habitat, and its typical diet.
5. Chimpanzees: Life Cycle & Lifespan
In this lesson we will learn about the life cycle and lifespan of the chimpanzee. This highly intelligent animal is also commonly known as the chimp. Swing on in to learn more!
6. Chimpanzee Mating & Population
In this lesson we will learn the unique rituals involved in the mating of Chimpanzees and also the distribution of their population and numbers around the world.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Kingdom Animalia: Study Guide & Review course
- Order Diptera
- Orders Eulipotyphia, Chiroptera & Didelphimorphia
- Extinct & Endangered Animals
- Aquatic & Semi-Aquatic Animals & Plants
- Order Sirenia
- Order Cetartiodactyla
- Order Carnivora
- Order Rodentia
- Order Monotremata
- Family Rhinocerotidae
- Class Arachnida
- Arboreal Animals
- Understanding Jellyfish
- Class Insecta
- Order Isopods
- Order Passeriformes
- Order Primates: Gorillas & Orangutans
- Order Primates: Lemurs
- Order Primates: Lorises, Galagos, & Tarsiers
- Order Primates: Macaques & Baboons
- Order Primates: New World Monkeys
- Class Aves