About This Chapter
ORELA Math: Sampling - Chapter Summary
You'll likely find a few questions about sampling on the ORELA Math exam. Get ready by watching these fun, engaging videos, which cover the following:
- Random sampling basics
- Simple, stratified, and other types of random samples
- The central limit theorem
- Finding mean and standard error of a sampling distribution
- How to find probabilities about means
Lesson quizzes allow you to test your understanding of the different types of sampling and other concepts presented in this chapter. Make sure to let our instructors know about any sampling questions you have.
1. What is Random Sampling? - Definition, Conditions & Measures
Random sampling is used in many research scenarios. In this lesson, you will learn how to use random sampling and find out the benefits and risks of using random samples.
2. Simple Random Samples: Definition & Examples
Simple random sampling is a common method used to collect data in many different fields. From psychology to economics, simple random sampling can be the most feasible way to get information. Learn all about it in this lesson!
3. Stratified Random Samples: Definition, Characteristics & Examples
Random sampling isn't always simple! There are many different types of sampling. In this lesson, you will learn how to use stratified random sampling and when it is most appropriate to use it.
4. Cluster Random Samples: Definition, Selection & Examples
Cluster random sampling is one of many ways you can collect data. Sometimes it can be confusing knowing which way is best. This lesson explains cluster random sampling, how to use it, and the differences between cluster and stratified sampling.
5. Systematic Random Samples: Definition, Formula & Advantages
Systematic random sampling is a great way to randomly collect data on a population without the hassle of putting names in a bag or using a random number generator. In this lesson, learn all about how and when to use systematic random sampling.
6. Sampling Distributions & the Central Limit Theorem: Definition, Formula & Examples
Want proof that all of this normal distribution talk actually makes sense? Then you've come to the right place. In this lesson, we look at sampling distributions and the idea of the central limit theorem, a basic component of statistics.
7. Find the Mean & Standard Error of the Sampling Distribution
Have you ever had a situation where one grade destroyed your average? Wouldn't you like a way of proving that your work was actually pretty good with that one exception? The standard error gives you such a chance.
8. Finding Probabilities About Means Using the Central Limit Theorem
The central limit theorem provides us with a very powerful approach for solving problems involving large amount of data. In this lesson, we'll explore how this is done as well as conditions that make this theorem valid.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ORELA Mathematics: Practice & Study Guide course
- ORELA Math: Properties of Real Numbers
- ORELA Math: Fractions
- ORELA Math: Decimals & Percents
- ORELA Math: Ratios & Proportions
- ORELA Math: Units of Measure & Conversions
- ORELA Math: Logic
- ORELA Math: Reasoning
- ORELA Math: Vector Operations
- ORELA Math: Matrix Operations & Determinants
- ORELA Math: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- ORELA Math: Algebraic Expressions
- ORELA Math: Linear Equations
- ORELA Math: Inequalities
- ORELA Math: Absolute Value
- ORELA Math: Quadratic Equations
- ORELA Math: Polynomials
- ORELA Math: Rational Expressions
- ORELA Math: Radical Expressions
- ORELA Math: Systems of Equations
- ORELA Math: Complex Numbers
- ORELA Math: Functions
- ORELA Math: Piecewise Functions
- ORELA Math: Exponential & Logarithmic Functions
- ORELA Math: Continuity of a Function
- ORELA Math: Limits
- ORELA Math: Rate of Change
- ORELA Math: Calculating Derivatives & Derivative Rules
- ORELA Math: Graphing Derivatives
- ORELA Math: Applications of Derivatives
- ORELA Math: Area Under the Curve & Integrals
- ORELA Math: Integration Techniques
- ORELA Math: Applications of Integration
- ORELA Math: Foundations of Geometry
- ORELA Math: Geometric Figures
- ORELA Math: Properties of Triangles
- ORELA Math: Triangle Theorems & Proofs
- ORELA Math: Parallel Lines & Polygons
- ORELA Math: Quadrilaterals
- ORELA Math: Circles & Arc of a Circle
- ORELA Math: Conic Sections
- ORELA Math: Geometric Solids
- ORELA Math: Analytical Geometry
- ORELA Math: Trigonometric Functions
- ORELA Math: Trigonometric Graphs
- ORELA Math: Solving Trigonometric Equations
- ORELA Math: Trigonometric Identities
- ORELA Math: Sequences & Series
- ORELA Math: Graph Theory
- ORELA Math: Set Theory
- ORELA Math: Statistics Overview
- ORELA Math: Summarizing Data
- ORELA Math: Tables, Plots & Graphs
- ORELA Math: Probability
- ORELA Math: Discrete Probability Distributions
- ORELA Math: Continuous Probability Distributions
- ORELA Math: Regression & Correlation
- ORELA Mathematics Flashcards