About This Chapter
Organization of Health Services & Systems - Chapter Summary
Complete this health services policy chapter to learn how health systems and services are organized. Using a simplified and engaging teaching style, our instructors examine various types of health care systems, as well as related concepts like strategic alliances for health care, managed care and health care competency. We've made the chapter accessible at any time of day or night so you can study whenever you have free time. Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you retain important information. Also, if you have any questions about these concepts, you can reach out to our instructors at any time. Finishing this chapter can help you:
- Evaluate the functions and structures of health care organizations
- Compare types of health care systems
- Describe the workplace structure of healthcare organizations
- Evaluate examples of strategic alliances in healthcare
- Summarize the history of managed care
- Explain the ways that health care competency can be affected by culture and language
1. Health Care Organizations: Structure & Functions
This lesson embarks on the journey of transition in healthcare's organizational structure, management, government, and global changes now reshaping the nation's healthcare.
2. Health Care Systems: Types & Concept
In this lesson, we will take a look at the different types of health care systems and how they affect the lives and well-being of communities around the world.
3. Workplace Structure in Healthcare Organizations
This lesson will describe the role of the executive board and the Chief Executive Officer of a hospital. We will also discuss the role that physicians should take in terms of service on the board and how communication should occur within the structure.
4. Strategic Alliances in Healthcare: Definition & Examples
Rapid change in healthcare is causing a movement toward strategic alliances between healthcare providers. This lesson will describe the process, along with challenges and successes in these important partnerships.
5. What Is Managed Care? - Definition, History & Systems
This healthcare lesson will define managed care in an understandable format, providing a brief history and giving a description of the three basic delivery systems, or insurance plan options.
6. How Culture & Language Affect Healthcare Competency
If you are interested in helping people get good access to healthcare, then you probably know that culture and language can make a big difference. This lesson addresses the effect of language and culture on healthcare competency.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Health 302: Health Services Policy course
- Introduction to Health & Public Policy
- Overview of the U.S. Health Care System
- Health Care Financing
- Health Service Providers, Care & Delivery
- Public Health & U.S. Health Care
- U.S. Health Services & Policy
- Determinants in Health Policy
- Health Policy Development, Implementation & Impact
- Understanding Health Policy Analysis
- Analyzing Health Programs & Systems
- Health Policy Research
- Required Assignments for Health 302