About This Chapter
Organizational Change in Hospitality - Chapter Summary
Have your managerial employees complete the lessons of this chapter to improve their understanding of organizational changes in hospitality. Some of the key topics covered in the video lessons include:
- What organizational change is
- Theories of organizational change
- Steps of the planned change process
- Ways to overcome barriers to organizational changes
The lessons in this chapter can be shown to your employees for the purpose of corporate training. Clicking on the 'timeline' feature provides access to the main segments of a video. There are also related recommended courses as well as written transcripts of the material on organizational change.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The material covered in this chapter will help managerial employees improve their awareness of organizational changes in hospitality and understand why they are beneficial.
- Improves productivity: After studying this chapter, employees will be aware of how organizational change takes place and some of the barriers they may face.
- Ensures compliance: Employees are more likely to comply with organizational changes when they are aware of them, how they work and why they are important.
By the end of this chapter, managerial employees will be able to:
- Identify the theories of organizational change
- Utilize the steps of the planned change process
- Use strategies to overcome barriers to organizational changes
1. What Is Organizational Change? - Theory & Example
Organizational change is an essential concept to understand in our complex world. In this lesson, you'll learn one of the theories of organizational change. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz following the lesson.
2. The Planned Change Process
Change is one of the most challenging events an organization will go through. This lesson describes the steps of the planned changed process, which include recognizing the need for change, developing change goals, appointing a change agent, assessing the current climate, developing and implementing a change plan and evaluating the plan's success.
3. Overcoming Barriers to Change in Organizations
Overcoming barriers to change in an organization can be difficult. There are some basic strategies that can help improve the acceptance of major changes within a company.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hotel Management Training course
- Management Functions
- Contemporary Leadership & Management Theories
- Continuous-Improvement Processes & Methods
- Organizational Behavior & Hospitality Management
- Communication in Hotel Management
- Management in the Hospitality Industry
- Team Building & Development in Hospitality
- Cultural Diversity in the Hospitality Industry
- Ethical Issues in the Hospitality Industry