About This Chapter
Organizational Change Management - Chapter Summary
Expert instructors present short lessons on organizational change management in this informative corporate training chapter. Compact lessons cover topics such as the role of the leader during organizational change and the theories of Kotter and Schlesinger on resistance to change. Each of these lessons is accompanied by a short quiz that can be used to see how well your employees understood the topics covered. Our mobile-friendly resources can be accessed from anywhere for individual study. This chapter also makes excellent material for a company-wide or group workshop or training session.
How It Helps
- Eases transition: When leaders and management understand what is needed from them during organizational change, transitions will be smoother and less stressful.
- Ensures understanding: Be sure the members of your organization understand the role they're needed to play during organizational change so that all goes well.
- Avoids common issues: Utilizing the strategies offered here ensures you and your organization will more smoothly navigate through organizational change processes and avoid some of the common problems that can occur.
Once your employees complete this chapter, they should know how to:
- Identify the role of the leader during organizational change
- Detail the managerial role when developing an organizational change plan
- Discuss the theories of Schlesinger and Kotter on resistance to change
- Utilize strategies to overcome barriers to organizational change
1. The Role of the Leader During Organizational Change
With innovative technologies, changing customer tastes, and new laws, it seems the one constant for organizations is change. This lesson looks at models for change processes and the role of the leader in these models.
2. Role of Management in Developing an Organizational Change Plan
Managers play a key role in both planning and executing tasks associated with strategic organizational change. This lesson explores five major managerial roles in the strategic change process.
3. Kotter & Schlesinger: Resistance to Change
Change happens. If you've ever been part of an organizational change, you know that most people aren't big fans of change. In this lesson, we'll learn one perspective of why that is and how managers can deal with resistance to change.
4. Strategies for Overcoming Barriers to Organizational Change
As companies look to innovate and grow, organizational change is to be expected. While organizational change may be risky, it can also set the company up for continued future success. This lesson will review strategies for overcoming barriers to organizational change.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Developing Adaptable Teams & Employees course