About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering organizational behavior material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn organizational behavior. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding organizational climate or organizational culture
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning business (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about organizational culture
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra business learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the organizational culture chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the organizational culture chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any organizational culture question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an organizational culture unit of a standard organizational behavior course. Topics covered include:
- Functions of organizational culture
- Organizational subcultures
- Employee socialization
- Dysfunctional aspects of organizational culture
- Workplace spirituality
1. What is Organizational Culture? - Definition & Characteristics
In this lesson, you will learn what organizational culture is and how it dictates behavior in organizations. You'll also explore the seven values that define the culture of an organization.
2. Functions of Organizational Culture
In this lesson, you will learn about the four functions of organizational culture and the impact these functions have on the members of an organization.
3. Organizational Subculture: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn how subcultures form in organizations and how the values established by subcultures differ from the core values of the dominant culture of the organization.
4. Strong vs. Weak Organizational Cultures: Examples & Differences
In this lesson, you will learn the difference between a strong organizational culture and a weak organizational culture. You will also learn how these different types of culture affect the members of an organization.
5. Creating and Sustaining Organizational Culture
In this lesson, you will learn how culture is created and sustained in organizations and why it is important for organizations to create and sustain a successful culture in order to succeed in their environment.
6. Employee Socialization: Maintaining a Company Culture
In this lesson, you will learn how organizations use the socialization process for prospective and newly hired employees. This process is used to maintain the existing culture of the organization.
7. Organizational Climate: Definition, Factors & Impacts on Culture
In this lesson you will learn the definition of organizational climate, how it differs from organizational culture, and how the culture of an organization governs the organizational climate.
8. Dysfunction in Organizational Culture: Institutionalization & Barriers
In this lesson, you will learn how the culture of an organization can become a liability by acting as a barrier to change, a barrier to diversity, or a barrier to a merger or acquisition with another organization.
9. Ethical Culture and Positive Culture in Organizations
In this lesson, you will learn how an ethical and positive culture can be created in an organization and why it is important for organizations to establish an ethical and positive culture.
10. Workplace Spirituality and Organizational Culture
In this lesson, you will learn the meaning of workplace spirituality and why there is a growing interest among organizations to establish and maintain a spiritual workplace. Find out how it can enhance the working environment for its members.
11. Google's Organizational Culture & Values
Google's work environment is different than most large organizations. In this lesson, we'll discuss how this company fosters creativity and innovation among employees and supports open communication.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Organizational Behavior: Help and Review course
- The Evolution of Organizational Behavior: Help and Review
- Management and Organizational Behavior: Help and Review
- Foundations of Individual Behavior: Help and Review
- Personality and Behavior in Organizations: Help and Review
- Emotions and Moods in the Workplace: Help and Review
- Emotions & Moods in Organizations
- Attitudes and Values in the Workplace: Help and Review
- Ethics in the Workplace: Help and Review
- Perception and Attribution: Help and Review
- Learning in the Workplace: Help and Review
- Employee Motivation: Help and Review
- Individual Decision Making in Organizations: Help and Review
- Workforce Diversity: Help and Review
- Organizational Communication in Business: Help and Review
- Groups and Work Teams: Help and Review
- Group Decision Making: Help and Review
- Conflict in the Workplace: Help and Review
- Leadership in Organizational Behavior: Help and Review
- Leadership Theory in Organizational Behavior: Help and Review
- Leadership Styles in Organizational Behavior: Help and Review
- Organizational Structure and Design: Help and Review
- Job Design: Help and Review
- Organizational Change and Organizational Behavior: Help and Review
- Managing Workplace Stress: Help and Review
- Career Management: Help and Review
- Theories of Leadership
- Leadership Styles
- Individual Behavior in Organizations
- Global Implications of Organizational Behavior: Help and Review