About This Chapter
Organizational Strategy for Human Resources - Chapter Summary
Studying these lessons will heighten your knowledge of organizational strategy for human resources. This chapter can help you better understand how HR metrics analytics can impact individual performance. Our educators also review a model for strategic HR planning. After reviewing the lessons, you should be ready to do the following:
- Define strategic human resource planning
- Explain the importance of strategic human resource management
- Recall phases of strategic human resource metrics analytics
- Describe how HR metrics analytics can impact organizational achievement
- Recount how organizational strategy and HR management align
The entertaining video lessons in this chapter can help boost your comprehension of organizational strategy for human resources. There are full video transcripts where you'll find key vocabulary words highlighted in bold print for easy review. If you get stuck on a topic, you can submit questions to experts. You also have the option of taking a short quiz to make sure you understand what you've learned and can recollect important information.
1. Strategic Human Resource Management: Definition & Importance
In this lesson, we'll use a sports analogy and a real-life business example to learn how strategic human resource management differs from human resource management.
2. Strategic Human Resource Planning: Definition & Model
In this lesson we'll explore the definition of strategic human resource planning. We'll also study the standard human resource planning model. Read on to learn more about these HR functions.
3. Five Phases of Strategic Human Resource Metrics Analytics
This lesson provides an overview of the five phases of strategic human resource metrics analytics, describing each step in detail and the impacts of metrics on individual performance and overall organizational achievement.
4. Aligning HRM and Organizational Strategy
Successful businesses have a strategic vision and know how to implement it. In this lesson, you'll learn how human resource management (HRM) can align its organizational functions with the overall strategy of its organization.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the DSST Human Resource Management: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Organizational Theories for Human Resources
- Job Design & Performance Metrics
- Organizational Staffing
- Employee Training & Career Development
- Performance Appraisal in Business Management
- Employee Compensation & Incentives
- Employee Rights & Insurance
- Employment Law for Human Resources
- Understanding Labor Relations
- Workforce Diversity & Inclusion
- Current Issues & Trends in Human Resource Management
- DSST Informational Resources
- DSST Human Resource Management Flashcards