About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering report and proposal organization and preparation material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn how to organize and prepare reports and proposals. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to identify the parts of a formal report, use the planning process, or write reports and proposals
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning business (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about organizing and preparing reports and proposals
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra business learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the chapter exam on organizing and preparing reports and proposals.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the chapter exam on organizing and preparing reports and proposals to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question about organizing and preparing reports and proposals. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a unit on organizing and preparing reports and proposals of a standard business communications course. Topics covered include:
- Developing informational and analytical reports
- The planning process for preparing reports
- The contributions of each part of a formal report
- Appropriate organization of a formal report
- Methods for writing effective proposals
1. Formal Report: Format, Parts & Effectiveness
Formal reports are written to provide information, analyze an issue, or make recommendations. In this lesson, you'll discover the parts of a formal report and tips for writing an effective one.
2. The Planning Processes for Informational and Analytical Reports
Informational and analytical reports each have a specific planning process to allow the writer to demonstrate an understanding of a business problem. This lesson explains the differences between the two reports.
3. How to Write Effective Proposals
The purpose of a business proposal is to present your company to a potential client in the best possible way. A proposal explains the value, benefits or advantages of your company with the ultimate goal of capturing new business.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Communications: Help & Review course
- Business Communication Framework
- Spoken & Written Messages
- Preparing Written Messages
- Communicating Electronically
- Delivering Good & Neutral Tone Messages
- Delivering Bad News Messages
- Delivering Persuasive Messages
- Reporting Process & Research Methods of Business Communication
- Managing Data & Using Graphs in Business Communications
- Designing & Delivering Business Presentations
- Preparing Job Applications