About This Chapter
Othello Lesson Plans & Essay Topics - Chapter Summary
In this engaging chapter, our instructors present lesson plans and essay topics for the play Othello. In addition to lesson plan outlines and supplemental lessons, you'll find essay topics that ask your students about the themes presented in the play, such as sexism, prejudice, human nature and revenge. Creating your curriculum and assignments is simple and stress-free with these resources, which are also available 24 hours a day on your mobile device for convenient planning.
How It Helps
- Encourages critical thinking: Use these essay prompts to get your students thinking about such themes as deception, fate and imagery in Othello.
- Provides multiple uses: Our resources help you craft essay assignments, research papers and discussion questions, giving you many ways to assess student understanding of the play.
- Meets educational criteria: Feel confident that what your teaching meets accepted educational standards when you use our materials.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan resources with relevant tools to make planning Othello lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific Othello topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your literature class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related Othello lessons with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important Othello concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant Othello-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Othello Lesson Plan
Themes of jealousy, loyalty, and passion are explored in this lesson plan on Othello, one of the most well-known of Shakespeare's tragedies. Additionally, it also follows the plot, allowing students to see each theme in action after they have read the play.
2. The Tragedy of Othello: Summary, Analysis & Quotes
In this lesson, meet Shakespeare's tragic hero, Othello, and some of his friends and foes. Find out where the infamous Moor went wrong, and read some of the famous quotes from the play.
3. Othello Pre-Reading Activities
If you are getting ready to read Shakespeare's 'Othello' with your class, you have so many exciting opportunities ahead. This lesson focuses on pre-reading activities that will set the stage for students to learn from the play.
4. Revenge in Othello Essay Topics
Reading Shakespeare with students can be fun and rewarding, as well as challenging. This lesson will enhance their comprehension of 'Othello' by offering essay topics concerning revenge.
5. Deception in Othello Essay Topics
Deception is one of the major underlying themes in William Shakespeare's 'Othello.' This lesson offers essay topics that will help your students analyze this theme.
6. Reputation in Othello Essay Topics
The role of reputation in Shakespeare's 'Othello' is significant and meaningful. The topics in this lesson will help your students analyze this theme by writing critical essays.
7. Role of Fate in Othello Essay Topics
It can be complicated to discern the role of fate in Shakespeare's 'Othello.' This lesson offers essay topics that help your students work toward untangling this often elusive theme.
8. Sexism in Othello Essay Topics
It is important to help students learn to think critically about even the most canonical works of literature. This lesson helps focus your students' attention on the role of sexism in Shakespeare's 'Othello.'
9. Imagery in Othello Essay Topics
''Othello'' is one of Shakespeare's classic tragedies, and it gives students many opportunities to discuss his literary structures. This lesson offers essay topics for students to write about imagery in ''Othello.''
10. Prejudice in Othello Essay Topics
~'Othello~' is one of Shakespeare's classic tragedies. It deals with themes that continue to feel timely and important. This lesson offers essay topics that help students think deeply about prejudice in ~'Othello.~'
11. Human Nature in Othello Essay Topics
William Shakespeare's ''Othello'' provides opportunities for students to think about a wide variety of different themes and motifs. This lesson offers essay topics designed to get students thinking about human nature in the play.
12. Othello Essay Topics on Iago
If you are trying to get your students to deepen their understanding of 'Othello,' it can help to have them do detailed character analyses. This lesson offers essay topics focusing on Iago and his role in the play and beyond.
13. Othello Essay Topics on Jealousy
'Othello' is one of Shakespeare's classic tragedies, and reading it with your students opens opportunities to discuss a variety of themes. This lesson provides essay topics related to jealousy in 'Othello.'
14. Othello Research Paper Topics
Reading 'Othello' can be a very thought-provoking experience for students, and it might get them seeking answers beyond the play itself. This lesson provides a series of research topics related to the play.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.