About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify the lessons in the OUP Oxford IB Number and Algebra 2 chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the number and algebra topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
You'll learn all of the math topics covered in the textbook chapter, including:
- Arithmetic sequences
- The general and n terms of arithmetic sequences
- Arithmetic series
- Infinite geometric series
- The general and n terms of geometric sequences
- Currency transactions involving commission
- Compound interest formulas
OUP Oxford IB is a registered trademark of the University of Oxford, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Arithmetic Sequences: Definition & Finding the Common Difference
Watch this video lesson to learn the pattern that defines an arithmetic sequence. Learn how to identify arithmetic sequences as well as find the pattern easily. You will also learn the formula you can use to write any number in your sequence.
2. How and Why to Use the General Term of an Arithmetic Sequence
Watch this video lesson to learn the formula for the general term of an arithmetic sequence. Also learn why this formula makes working with an arithmetic sequence much easier.
3. The Sum of the First n Terms of an Arithmetic Sequence
In this video lesson, you will learn an easy to use formula for summing an arithmetic sequence. Watch as we use the formula in action and then get a chance to use it yourself as you follow along.
4. Understanding Arithmetic Series in Algebra
In this video lesson, we will learn about arithmetic series and how they work. Learn also how to find the pattern of an arithmetic sequence along with finding the sum.
5. Understand the Formula for Infinite Geometric Series
Watch this video lesson to learn how to calculate the sum of an infinite geometric series. Learn about the interesting thing that happens when your common ratio is less than one.
6. Working with Geometric Sequences
In this video lesson, we'll learn how to recognize when a sequence of numbers is a geometric sequence, how to find the common ratio and how to expand a sequence to as many numbers as we want!
7. How and Why to Use the General Term of a Geometric Sequence
Watch this video lesson to learn the formula for the general term of a geometric sequence. You will learn how to write your own general term given a particular geometric sequence as well as the reason for doing this.
8. The Sum of the First n Terms of a Geometric Sequence
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can find the total of a geometric sequence up to a certain point. Learn the formula that you can use to help you find your answer.
9. Calculating Currency Transactions Involving Commission
Working on commission is a way to earn money based on your own efforts. In this lesson, learn what a commission is and how it is calculated using US currency examples.
10. Compounding Interest Formulas: Calculations & Examples
Compound interest is a great way to have your money work for you. In this lesson, find out the formula for calculating compound interest and practice using the formula with several examples.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OUP Oxford IB Math Studies: Online Textbook Help course
- OUP Oxford IB Math Studies Chapter 1: Number & Algebra 1
- OUP Oxford IB Math Studies Chapter 2: Descriptive Statistics
- OUP Oxford IB Math Studies Chapter 3: Geometry & Trigonometry 1
- OUP Oxford IB Math Studies Chapter 4: Mathematical Models
- OUP Oxford IB Math Studies Chapter 5: Statistical Applications
- OUP Oxford IB Math Studies Chapter 6: Introducing Differential Calculus
- OUP Oxford IB Math Studies Chapter 8: Sets & Probability
- OUP Oxford IB Math Studies Chapter 9: Logic
- OUP Oxford IB Math Studies Chapter 10: Geometry & Trigonometry 2
- OUP Oxford IB Math Studies Chapter 13: Prior Learning