About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other college algebra work.
- Identify the inequalities concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our College Algebra Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn inequalities and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding systems of inequalities, how to graph inequalities, solving absolute value inequalities or any other inequalities topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their overview of inequalities unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in college algebra
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning inequalities simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live algebra tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn inequalities on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Define the inequality and learn about inequalities in real life.
- Understand how to solve and graph 1- and 2-variable inequalities.
- Study systems of inequalities and compound inequalities.
- Learn how to use set notation.
- Practice graphing inequalities.
- Analyze how to then practice solving and graphing absolute value inequalities.
1. What is an Inequality?
Deciding how to spend your money can be a tricky thing. Should you save it, invest it, or enjoy it? Learn how inequalities can help you make your decision!
2. How to Graph 1- and 2-Variable Inequalities
So an inequality is just an equation with a less than or greater than symbol. But what is the difference between 1 and 2 variable inequalities? What does have a greater than or equal to symbol change? When do you use a number line instead of a coordinate plane? Get those answers here!
3. Set Notation, Compound Inequalities, and Systems of Inequalities
In this lesson, we'll explore the conditions of compound inequalities and learn how to express them using set notation and interval notation. Test you knowledge afterward with a short quiz.
4. Graphing Inequalities: Practice Problems
If you're already pretty familiar with what inequalities are and just looking for a place to practice your skills, this is the place. This lesson covers topics like 1-variable, 2-variable, compound, and systems of inequalities.
5. How to Solve and Graph an Absolute Value Inequality
Taking two skills and combining them to make a more complicated problem is a classic tactic in mathematics. If you feel confident with absolute values and inequalities, see if you can tackle them with their powers combined here!
6. Solving and Graphing Absolute Value Inequalities: Practice Problems
Solving and graphing absolute value inequalities brings a lot of different skills together in one place. The practice problems in this video will give you a good chance to see more examples of absolute value inequalities but will also test your general algebraic knowledge.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the College Algebra: Tutoring Solution course
- Overview of Linear Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Solving Matrices and Absolute Value: Tutoring Solution
- Factoring with FOIL, Graphing Parabolas and Solving Quadratics: Tutoring Solution
- Imaginary and Complex Numbers: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Exponents and Polynomials: Tutoring Solution
- Identifying and Working with Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- Solving Exponentials and Logarithms: Tutoring Solution
- Factorials and Binomial Theorem: Tutoring Solution
- Calculating Sequences and Series: Tutoring Solution