About This Chapter
Overview of Advertising Management - Chapter Summary
This comprehensive overview of advertising management serves at a great resource for better understanding concepts you could see on an upcoming quiz or exam covering the subject. Benefit from access to top instructors who are skilled at making online learning easy and fun. Use lessons you an access anyplace and anytime to discover or strengthen your existing knowledge of advertising management concepts. Find out how much you comprehend by taking short lesson quizzes and a chapter exam. Once you've completed this chapter, you will be able to:
- Define advertising, and discuss common advertising media
- Identify and discuss the roles of the five functions of advertising
- List types of advertising appeals
- Share the definition and uses of an advertising plan
- Differentiate between B2B and B2C
- Explain the basics of stealth advertising
- Exhibit an understanding of how to use Study.com TECEP courses
1. How to Use Study.com TECEP Courses
Our Study.com TECEP preparatory courses will help you prepare to take and pass the TECEP exams to get credit at Thomas Edison State University. Learn about how to use this Credit-by-Exam option to earn college credit towards your degree.
2. What is Advertising? - Definition & Examples
The greatest product or service in the world won't make money unless consumers know it exists. In this lesson, you'll learn the definition of advertising, common advertising media, and read some examples of effective advertising.
3. The Five Functions of Advertising: Definition & Roles
The five functions of advertising are all essential to the success of an organization. In this lesson, we discuss informing, influencing, increasing salience, adding value, and other company efforts.
4. Advertising Appeals: Types & Examples
In this lesson, we'll explore advertising appeals that are used to structure advertising. We'll look at how advertisements work and examine and analyze the advertising elements that attract our attention.
5. Advertising Plan: Examples & Overview
Advertising plan is a strategy used by an organization to promote their product. In this lesson, you will learn what an advertising plan is, followed by short a quiz.
6. B2B vs. B2C: How Business Marketing Differs from Consumer Marketing
A business-to-business sales situation has numerous key differences from a business-to-consumer situation. Marketing managers must develop a business selling strategy and be aware of the five different aspects of business buying behavior compared to consumer buying.
7. Stealth Advertising: Definition & Examples
Not all advertising is clearly on a consumer's radar screen. Just like covert military operations, some companies engage in stealth advertising campaigns. In this lesson, you'll learn about stealth advertising. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TECEP Advertising: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Overview of Integrated Marketing Communication
- Market Segmentation
- Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Target Marketing
- Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Positioning
- Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Marketing Objectives
- Creating & Assessing Ad Messages
- Media Planning & Analysis in Advertising
- Internet Advertising
- Sales Promotion Techniques
- Marcom Tools
- Ethical, Regulatory & Environmental Advertising Issues
- TECEP Advertising Flashcards