About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your differential equations homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your differential equations homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Discuss differential notation in physics
- Solve system differential equations using separation of variables
- Calculate rate and exponential growth
- Demonstrate an ability to solve draining tank problems
- Compute the distance between moving points
1. Differential Notation in Physics
Stop. Look around. Everything is changing. In this lesson, you'll learn what a differential equation is and how these equations can describe the world around you.
2. Separation of Variables to Solve System Differential Equations
In this lesson, we discuss how to solve some types of differential equations using the separation of variables technique. We'll ponder the dastardly deeds of a mad scientist, using his chemical concoction as an example for how to use separation of variables.
3. Calculating Rate and Exponential Growth: The Population Dynamics Problem
You know how the world population keeps increasing? It's increasing faster now than it was 100 or 1,000 years ago. In this lesson, learn how differential equations predict this type of exponential growth.
4. Related Rates: The Draining Tank Problem
Grab an empty cup and pour some water into it. In this lesson we will watch how the height of the water changes as we learn about related rates of change and learn how to solve the draining tank problem.
5. Related Rates: The Distance Between Moving Points Problem
Remember the classic problem of math horror stories everywhere? You know, where one train leaves Kentucky at 2 p.m. and another leaves Sacramento at 4 p. m.? In this lesson, tame the horror and learn how to solve these problems using differentiation and related rates.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Learning Calculus: Basics & Homework Help course
- Understanding the Basics of Functions
- Overview of Graphing & Functions
- Understanding Sequences & Series
- Overview of Continuity
- Understanding Exponentials & Logarithms
- Using Exponents and Polynomials
- Understanding Applications of Derivatives
- Calculating the Area Under the Curve and Integrals
- Understanding Graphing Derivatives & L'Hopital's Rule
- Integrations in Calculus
- Basics of Geometry & Trigonometry