About This Chapter
Overview of Don Quixote - Chapter Summary
Check out these bite-sized Spanish literature lessons to learn about the famous novel Don Quixote. As you work through the chapter, you'll become familiar with the book's author, plot, characters and themes. You'll can also expect to analyze specific chapters from the novel. Our instructors are happy to answer any questions you may have, and we've included short quizzes throughout the chapter to help you remember important literary concepts. You can study the chapter at any time that fits your schedule, and it's accessible on any device that has an Internet connection. Completing this chapter can help you:
- Identify the author of Don Quixote
- Assess the novel's major characters and themes
- Summarize/analyze chapters 1-9 of the novel
- Analyze chapter 74 of Don Quixote
1. Don Quixote: Summary, Characters, Themes & Author
Are you familiar with the classic scene from 'Don Quixote' where the main character attacks the windmills, mistaking them as giants? There is more to this novel, of course, and this lesson will explore its plot, characters, themes, and author.
2. Don Quixote Chapter 1: Summary & Analysis
If you are reading ''Don Quixote'' you might be wondering what happens in the first chapter in the story. Check out the following lesson to get a summary and analysis of the characters and events in this chapter.
3. Don Quixote Chapter 2: Summary & Analysis
If you are reading 'Don Quixote,' check out the following lesson. We will take a look at the important events from Chapter 2, as well as offer an analysis. Read on to get the scoop.
4. Don Quixote Chapter 3: Summary & Analysis
In Chapter 3 of 'Don Quixote,' our main character finds himself in a dangerous situation. Check out the lesson below to find out what happens and what it all means.
5. Don Quixote Chapter 4: Summary & Analysis
'Don Quixote' is an interesting tale of one man's adventure and delusions. If you are reading through the story, you may appreciate the lesson below, where we summarize and offer an analysis for Chapter 4.
6. Don Quixote Chapter 5: Summary & Analysis
Chapter 5 of 'Don Quixote' sheds some more light on our protagonist's strange and delusional world. Check out the lesson below where we will go over a summary and cover an analysis of Chapter 5.
7. Don Quixote Chapter 8: Summary & Analysis
Chapter 8 of Don Quixote explores the adventures of our protagonist and touches on his relationship with Sancho, who he believes is his friend. In this lesson, we will provide a summary and analysis of what goes down in the chapter. Read on to find out more.
8. Don Quixote Chapter 9: Summary & Analysis
The narrator of Cervantes' Don Quixote becomes the center of attention during chapter nine. He searches for ending to a battle between Don Quixote and his nemesis, Basque. He finds the ending to the story, but told from another perspective, one that is not exactly agreeable.
9. Don Quixote Chapter 74: Summary & Analysis
Don Quixote is on his deathbed in chapter 74 of this novel. During his illness, a dream provides him insight into final judgment. He takes confession and drafts his will. The narrator concludes the novel by confirming Don Quixote's aversion to stories about knight's gallantry.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Spanish Literature and Culture: Exam Prep course
- General & Historical Literary Terms in Spanish
- Spanish Literary Terminology for Narrative Genres
- Spanish Literary Terminology for Poetic Genres
- Spanish Literary Terminology for Dramatic Genres
- Rhetorical Figures in Spanish Literature
- Overview of Medieval Spanish Literature (1100-1500)
- The Golden Age of Spanish Literature (1500-1659)
- 20th Century Spanish Literature
- The Latin American Boom
- Contemporary Spanish Literature
- Writing & Composition in Spanish
- AP Spanish Literature & Culture Flashcards