About This Chapter
Overview of Economics in the Financial Market - Chapter Summary
If you are looking for a well-rounded examination of economics in the financial market, you've reached the right place! This short chapter offers engaging lessons you can review at your leisure to better understand the business cycle, inflation, investment markets and much more. Study these topics with help from our top instructors. When finished, you will be able to do the following:
- List types and characteristics of financial markets
- Share reasons supply and demand can change in microeconomics
- Describe the use of market forces to manipulate supply and demand
- Define and list components of the theory of the firm
- Discuss industrial organization as it relates to the financial market
- Identify and describe factors that impact business cycles
- Provide the definition, theories and indicators of economic growth and development
Each lesson in this chapter is available to view 24/7 and can be accessed via any computer, smartphone or tablet. Select any number of lessons based on your current and desired understanding of economics in the financial market, and review those lessons in your sequence of choice. When ready, test your knowledge by taking multiple-choice quizzes and a chapter exam. Any questions you develop during your review of this chapter can be submitted to our experts.
1. Financial Markets: Types & Characteristics
Have you ever wanted to start a business? How would you get the money to start your business? Financial markets can be used to generate capital for new and existing organizations. Short-term and long-term assets are traded on the financial market to raise money over short and long periods of time.
2. Causes of Supply and Demand Changes in Microeconomics
Learn what causes movements along the supply and demand curves. See how market forces work to cause these movements and the important role that price plays in this.
3. Using Market Forces to Manipulate Supply and Demand
While the forces of supply and demand are powerful, they are not immobile. This lesson explains how various market forces can cause the supply and demand curves to shift.
4. The Business Cycle: Economic Performance Over Time
Learn the economic terms that describe economic performance over time and how indicators such as unemployment and inflation behave throughout these economic fluctuations.
5. Factors Affecting Business Cycles
In this lesson we'll learn about the factors that affect the business cycle. The business cycle can be used to help predict future business and is very important in the forecasting model.
6. Inflation: Definition, Types, Causes & Effects
In this lesson we will take a look at inflation and its importance. We will discuss the types and causes of inflation, as well as look at the effects of inflation.
7. What Is Economic Growth and Development? - Definition, Theories & Indicators
A country's economic health can usually be measured by looking at that country's economic growth and development. This lesson defines and explains economic growth and economic development, including the role of U.S. foreign aid.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA): Exam Prep & Study Guide course
- About the CFA Exam
- Ethical & Professional Standards in Finance
- Quantitative Methods in Finance
- Domestic Economic Concepts
- International Trade & Currency Exchange
- Overview of Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Types of Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Understanding Corporate Finance
- Equity Investments
- Fixed-Income Securities
- Derivatives in Finance
- Alternative Investments
- Overview of Portfolios
- Portfolio Management Strategies
- Portfolio Performance Analysis