About This Chapter
Overview of Global Logistics & Distribution - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you can review the collaborative efforts and techniques that go into meeting the global demand for products and services. Lessons discuss types of distribution systems and their structures, common issues with global logistics, and the marketing channel process by which products are delivered to customers.
Simple and engaging video and text lessons cover important terms, real-world examples key logistics processes. By taking the self-assessment quizzes at the end of each lesson, you can gauge how much you have retained and whether you need to review any topics further before moving on through the chapter. Once your review is complete, you should be able to:
- Identify and define types of distribution systems
- Relate how marketing channels are crucial for product distribution
- Name channel intermediaries that assist in the delivery of products from manufacturers
- Outline the structure of global distribution systems
- Note the feature of global distribution systems
- Analyze trends in global logistics
1. Distribution System: Definition & Types
In this lesson about distribution systems we will grasp how the collaboration of various procedures is linked together to aid supply of products and services to meet demand. An ensuing quiz will test your knowledge.
2. Marketing Channel: Definition and Function in the Marketplace
In this lesson, we'll learn about the marketing channel, which allows producers to deliver their product to consumers in the correct quantity, type and location. Without help from additional channel members, most companies would not be able to increase their target market reach and satisfy their customer needs.
3. Channel Intermediaries: Definition and Function in Business
Marketing managers must have an effective physical distribution strategy, and companies must be able to deliver their products to the consumer. Most managers utilize channel intermediaries to help with transactional, logistical and facilitating functions. Learn more about this process here.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Principles of Marketing: Help and Review course
- Marketing Philosophies and Ethics: Help and Review
- Competitive Advantage: Help and Review
- The Marketing Environment: Help and Review
- International Marketplace: Help and Review
- Consumer Decision Making: Help and Review
- Business Marketing and Marketing Research: Help and Review
- Segmentation and Product Marketing: Help and Review
- Managing a Product and Retailing: Help and Review
- Services Marketing: Tutoring Solution
- Promotion, Advertising and Public Relations: Help and Review
- Selling and Pricing Strategy: Help and Review
- Marketing & Promotion
- Small Business Marketing Strategies