About This Chapter
Overview of Globalization - Chapter Summary
If your employees need a quick overview of globalization, have them review these simple lessons whenever they have free time at home or work. This chapter offers short video lessons and mini quizzes that discuss the characteristics, impact and effects of globalization and cultural globalization, as well as the concept of a global society. This professional development chapter is accessible online 24/7, and your employees can review the materials on any Internet-connected device.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The lessons help employees become aware of the concept of globalization and the global society.
- Discusses real-world effects: The chapter closely examines the effects that globalization has on society.
- Provides illustrative examples: Employees will analyze several examples of globalization and cultural globalization.
By the end of the chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Define the elements of a global society
- Assess the effects of globalization
- Recognize cultural globalization factors
1. Global Society: Definition & Concept
Is our world international or global? Is there even a difference? In this lesson, we'll explore the concept of a global society and consider the evidence that could point to its arrival.
2. What is Globalization? - Definition, Effects & Examples
Globalization is an emerging trend in business. Here you will learn the definition of globalization, examine its positive and negative effects, and be presented with real examples of globalization in the twenty-first century.
3. Cultural Globalization: Definition, Factors & Effects
In this lesson you will learn what cultural globalization means, how it flows from one place to another, what factors influence this, and the positive and negative effects this has on cultures around the world.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.