About This Chapter
Overview of Integrated Marketing Communication - Chapter Summary
Feel confident in your ability to ace an assignment or test covering integrated marketing communication by taking advantage of resources available in this self-paced chapter. Review video and text lessons to get an in-depth look at topics that include consumer awareness of promotion, target market segment communication and the integrated marketing communication budget. Take mini quizzes to assess your knowledge of lessons you choose to review. Use the practice exam to get a comprehensive review of all lessons covered in this chapter. Utilizing these resources ensures you're able to:
- Define marketing plans and communication
- Discuss the importance of an integrated marketing communication plan
- Share the definition of integrated marketing communication (IMC) and how an IMC plan can benefit from social media
- List and describe the benefits of integrated marketing communication
- Identify and discuss emerging integrated marketing communication channels
- Describe the AIDA concept and consumer awareness of promotion
- Detail some challenges associated with communicating with target market segments
- Explain how to allocate an integrated marketing communication budget
1. What is a Marketing Plan? - Definition & Sample
In this lesson, we will learn what a marketing plan is and why it is so important for a business to have one. We will cover the specific strategies the plan should have in order to help the organization achieve its goals.
2. What is Communication? - Definition & Importance
Any task or transaction that requires more than one person can only be successfully completed with communication. In this lesson, you'll learn what communication is, types of communication and the importance of communication.
3. Integrated Marketing Communication and the Marketing Plan
In order to compete in today's difficult market, a marketing manager must create not just a promotional mix, but an integrated marketing communications plan. This is a coordinating plan of promotional messages for a product to ensure consistency. The product's promotional message should be consistent and create an overall integrated theme.
4. Integrated Marketing Communication & Social Media
In this lesson, we will identify what integrated marketing communication (IMC) is and how businesses can use it effectively. We will also take a look at how social media can be utilized in an IMC plan.
5. Benefits of Integrated Marketing Communication
If consistency is your thing, Integrated Marketing Communication is your game! In this lesson, we'll explore several of the most important benefits of implementing an IMC strategy in business.
6. Emerging Integrated Marketing Communication Channels
There are a myriad of channels today through which marketers can reach their audience. In this lesson, you'll learn about some new and emerging channels and how they can be linked with traditional channels.
7. Consumer Awareness of Promotion: The AIDA Acronym
Have you ever sampled foods in a grocery store? This is one of the techniques marketing companies use to draw your business. In this lesson, you'll learn about how consumers become engaged in a promotional message. Discover the AIDA concept and understand how consumers respond to a marketing message.
8. Challenges of Communicating With Target Market Segments
Diverse target segments within a population require marketing strategies equipped to address differences - differences in preferences and needs as well as communication styles and venues. Marketers confront these challenges by customizing messages and the medium for each audience.
9. Allocating an Integrated Marketing Communication Budget
Marketers have a wealth of options in selecting platforms and tactics to distribute their message. In this lesson, you'll learn about various ways you can allocate an integrated marketing communications budget.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TECEP Advertising: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Overview of Advertising Management
- Market Segmentation
- Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Target Marketing
- Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Positioning
- Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Marketing Objectives
- Creating & Assessing Ad Messages
- Media Planning & Analysis in Advertising
- Internet Advertising
- Sales Promotion Techniques
- Marcom Tools
- Ethical, Regulatory & Environmental Advertising Issues
- TECEP Advertising Flashcards