About This Chapter
Overview of Investment Risks - Chapter Summary
In this comprehensive overview of investment risks, you can gain greater insight into portfolio rebalancing, how to manage investment risks and much more. By reviewing our entertaining lessons, you can develop the knowledge to do the following:
- Share the definition and list types of investment risks
- Explain what it takes to reduce investment risks
- Define and provide examples of portfolio rebalancing
Every lesson in this chapter is paired with a multiple-choice quiz you can take anytime to quickly gauge your knowledge of concepts covered. Need help clarifying lesson details? By sending your questions to our subject-matter experts, you'll get quick answers that can help you better understand. This chapter is available to review 24 hours a day, making it easy to study when your schedule permits. Before exam day, feel free to take our practice test to confirm your readiness to answer questions about investment risks.
1. Investment Risks: Definition & Types
This lesson highlights the definition of investment risk and the differences between the various types of investment risks investors face in the marketplace.
2. How to Reduce Investment Risks
Stock market investments come with both the hope of profitable returns and the risk of significant losses. In this lesson, we'll discuss how you can manage your risk and optimize your exposure to stock market volatility.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SIE Exam Study Guide course
- Federal Laws & Regulations in the Securities Industry
- Regulatory Entities & Agencies
- Market Participants & Structure
- Federal Reserve & Market Impacts
- Economic Factors
- Equity Securities
- Debt Instruments
- Options in the Financial Industry
- Investment Companies & Packaged Products
- Municipal Fund Securities
- DPPs, REITs & Hedge Funds
- Exchange-Traded Products (ETPs)
- Trading Orders & Strategies
- Investment Returns & Trade Settlement
- Corporate Actions
- Customer Account Types & Registrations
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Books, Records & Privacy in Finance
- Public Communications & Suitability Requirements
- Prohibited Activities in the Financial Industry
- Regulatory Framework in the Security Industry