About This Chapter
Overview of Major World History Events - Chapter Summary
The lessons included in this chapter allow you to quickly learn about the turning points in early modern to recent history. These video lessons will cover important points in world history, including the events of the Industrial Revolution and the causes of the American Revolution. In addition to discovering why Europeans traveled to the Americas, you can learn more about the following:
- The Renaissance
- The Effect the Old and New Worlds had on one another
- World changing revolutions throughout history, including the American, French and Russian Revolutions
- The United Nations
- Effects of modern technology on history, including the launching of Sputnik and creation of the Internet
These lessons are created by professional instructors to help you in your study of world history. By carefully observing the videos and using the interactive worksheets, you can greatly increase your understanding of the key events that shaped world history. Easily review parts you wish to know more about using the video tag feature of your timeline or by reading the included descriptions.
1. The Renaissance Timeline: Events Overview
In this lesson, we will build an outline of the historical events which flow together to form the time periods of the Renaissance, Reformation, Age of Discovery, and the Elizabethan era.
2. The French Revolution: Timeline & Major Events
In this lesson, we will learn about the French Revolution. We will examine the causes of the French Revolution and highlight the key themes and events associated with it.
3. The Old World and New World: Why Europeans Sailed to the Americas
This lesson will focus on the Age of Exploration. It will explain the main reasons why Europeans explored the New World. It will highlight their spirit of adventure, the religious desire to see natives converted, and the chance to acquire wealth.
4. The American Revolution: Causes & Effects
Find out what caused the American Revolution and discover the impact of this war on the rest of the world. Then, test your understanding with a brief quiz.
5. The Industrial Revolution in Europe and the U.S.: Events & Innovations
This lesson examines the Industrial Revolution in Europe and the United States. We will highlight key developments and innovations and explore how the Industrial Revolution transformed society.
6. The Russian Revolution: Timeline, Causes & Effects
In this lesson, we will examine the Russian Revolution. We will see what events led to the revolution, and we'll learn how the revolution impacted Russia's involvement in World War I.
7. What is the United Nations? - Definition, History, Members & Purpose
This lesson will discuss the United Nations. You will not only learn what the United Nations is, but you'll also gather information about its history, members, and purpose.
8. Sputnik to the Internet: How Technology and Science Have Changed Society since WWII
In this lesson, we will highlight critical scientific and technological advances since the end of World War II. We will explore the profound effects these advances had upon society.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NDA Exam Preparation & Study Guide course
- About the NDA Exam
- Algebra Concepts
- Advanced Algebra Concepts
- Solving Matrices & Determinants
- Trigonometry Concepts
- Geometry & Linear Equations
- Analytic Geometry
- Functions, Limits & Continuity
- Derivative Rules
- Calculations & Applications of Derivatives
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations & Applications
- Scalars & Vectors in Algebra
- Visualizing Statistics
- Probability Concepts in Math
- Grammar and Usage
- Improving Reading Comprehension
- Measurements in Physics
- Motion in Physics
- Basics of Work, Power & Energy
- Understanding Heat Transfer
- Sound Waves
- Light, Mirrors & Lenses
- Electric Currents & Power
- Scientific Technology, Machines & Tools
- The Atom & Structure of Elements
- Chemical Properties of Elements & Substances
- Chemical Symbols, Formulas & Reactions
- Qualities of Living Organisms
- Health Science Basics
- Solar System & Eclipses
- Achievements of Famous Scientists
- Indian History
- World Government Types
- The Earth
- Earth's Oceans, Atmosphere & Climate
- Regional Geography of South Asia
- Modern Day Events in India
- NDA Exam Preparation & Study Guide Flashcards