About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering online advertising material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about online advertising methods, strategies, trends and more. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the basics of online advertising
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about marketing (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about online advertising
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra marketing learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Overview of Online Advertising chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Overview of Online Advertising chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any marketing question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an online advertising unit of a standard marketing course. Topics include:
- Internet branding strategies, including emotional branding
- Types, strategies, models and trends for online advertising
- The principles of online behavioral advertising
- Online advertising's effectiveness and how it is measured
- Online video advertising trends
- Impressions in online advertising
- The pros and cons of online advertising
- Online advertising guidelines and standards
- The market size of online advertising
- The differences between online and offline advertising and marketing strategies
- The history of online advertising
- Online advertising questionnaires
- How to create an online advertisement
- Online interactive advertising campaigns
- Types of mobile operating systems
1. What is Internet Branding? - Definition & Strategies
Learn about internet branding and its definition at the start of this lesson. Afterwards, the lesson discusses internet branding strategies for businesses looking to build a strong name online. This lesson applies to product and service-based businesses.
2. What is Emotional Branding? - Definition & Examples
Come on, admit it. There's a commercial out there that makes you cry. In this lesson, we'll take a look at some of those and define emotional branding, how it works, and what it means for the relationship between brand and buyer.
3. What is Online Advertising? - Definition, Types & Examples
Visit a website, find an ad. Check out your social media, find an ad. Search for plane tickets, find an ad. Online advertising is everywhere you look in the digital space, and this lesson will explore what it is and its different types.
4. What is Online Behavioral Advertising? - Definition & Principles
This lesson will discuss online behavioral advertising. We will cover the basics of behavioral advertising, how it works, and the benefits of using it as part of your digital marketing toolkit.
5. What is Online Video Advertising? - Definition & Trends
Online video advertising today and in the future is a more engaging, interactive marketing experience. In this lesson, you'll learn the basics of online video advertising and what savvy marketers are doing in this medium.
6. Online Advertising Strategy: Examples & Methods
Online marketing can take many forms and has several advantages, including reaching new customers, expanding the awareness of your products and services, and increasing sales.
7. What is an Impression in Online Advertising?
You never get a second chance to score an online ad impression, or do you? In this lesson, we'll take a closer look at what impressions are in online advertising and why it's an important metric for marketers.
8. Online Advertising: Advantages & Benefits
Both service and product-based businesses can benefit from online advertising. In this lesson, you will learn about the benefits and advantages of online advertising.
9. Online vs. Offline Advertising
Today's marketers have a host of advertising choices available to them, in both online and offline channels. In this lesson, we'll explore these two avenues of advertising and some of the benefits of each.
10. History of Online Advertising
In this lesson, we cover the history of online advertising, which began in 1994 with the world's first banner ad. Learn about the start of click-through rates, keyword-based ads, cost per thousand impressions, and more in this lesson.
11. Online Versus Offline Marketing: Strategies & Examples
Online or offline...which marketing strategy is a better fit for you? You might be surprised that most marketers still use both. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the strategies for online and offline marketing.
12. What is a Mobile Operating System? - Features & Types
Are you Team iOS or Team Android? In this lesson, we'll explain the basic of mobile operating systems, break down the most popular types and take a look at a few of their most important features.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Marketing Overview: Help & Review course
- Advertising Basics
- Basics of Content Strategy
- Basics of Digital Marketing
- Basics of Mobile Advertising
- Basics of Rural Marketing
- Basics of Selling for Marketing
- Basics of Shopper Marketing
- Basics of Social Media Marketing
- Basics of Visual Marketing
- Basics of Yield Management
- Concepts in Marketing
- Intro to Affiliate Marketing
- Intro to B2G, B2B and C2B Marketing
- Intro to Green Marketing
- Intro to Inbound Marketing
- Intro to Marketing Strategies
- Intro to Relationship Marketing
- Overview of Email Marketing
- Types of Marketing Overview
- Basics of Marketing Research
- Interviewing & Surveying in Marketing Research
- Data Collection for Marketing Research
- Marketing Research Data Analysis
- Creating a Marketing Research Report
- Behavioral Economics & Heuristics