About This Chapter
Overview of Property Management - Chapter Summary
This chapter contains a comprehensive overview of property management. It begins with an overview of what property management is and then moves into lessons that review the types of leases and touch on the typical eviction process. Rounding out this chapter are a couple of lessons related to budgets, including examples and preparation tips. By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Explain the role of property management
- List landlord rights and responsibilities
- Describe types of real estate leases
- Explain the typical eviction process
- Define and give examples of an operating budget
- Explain how to prepare a capital expenditure budget
This chapter offers engaging lessons that allow you to work at your own pace in mastering the materials about property management. Our professional instructors have provided easily comprehended definitions and examples to best prepare you for your exam. You will be able to track your progress using our tools, such as self-check quizzes and the automatic tracking on your Dashboard.
1. Property Management: Overview & Role
A professional or a business that deal with the day to day responsibility of real estate is called a property manager. In this lesson, we will explore the role of a property manager in real estate.
2. Landlord Rights & Responsibilities
In this lesson, we will explore a landlord's legal rights and responsibilities in regard to their rental properties and tenants. We will discuss warranty of habitability, disclosure issues and lease inclusions.
3. Types of Leases in Real Estate
A contract between a landlord and a tenant is a lease. In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of leases in typical real estate transactions including residential leases and commercial leases. A short quiz follows.
4. The Typical Eviction Process
Landlords occasionally have to compel a tenant to vacate a building. This lesson will discuss a typical eviction procedure as well the tactic of 'constructive eviction'. A short quiz follows the lesson.
5. What Is Operating Budget? - Definition & Examples
What are operating budgets? In this lesson, learn about how operating budgets are created and explore how they can be used to help businesses succeed. Some examples will be given.
6. Capital Expenditure Budget: Definition & Preparation
Since companies must constantly upgrade and update their equipment, it's no surprise that the capital expenditure budget is one of the most important documents that a company will produce. Learn more about it in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam: Study Guide & Practice course
- Alabama Real Estate Licensure
- Alabama Real Estate Law & Statutory Requirements
- Alabama Real Estate Violations & Disciplinary Actions
- Understanding Agency Relationships & Agreements in Real Estate
- Ethical Conduct & Professional Duties in Real Estate
- Fundamentals of Business Planning
- Human Resource Management for Real Estate
- Real Estate Licensee Training & Supervision
- Real Estate Sales Contracts for Buyers & Sellers
- Property Disclosures in Real Estate
- Closing & Settlement Real Estate Transactions
- Overview of Real Estate Negotiation
- Fundamentals of Real Estate Financing
- Risk Management for Real Estate
- Advertising Laws in Real Estate
- Valuation of Real Property
- Commercial Real Estate
- New Construction Real Estate
- Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam Flashcards