About This Chapter
Overview of Real Estate Negotiation - Chapter Summary
Brush up on the types of business models and offers in real estate in this overview of real estate negotiation. You can review offers and counteroffers, including the consequences of changing them. The chapter also covers the ins and outs of the negotiating process. By the end of this chapter you will be able to:
- Name types of business models and offers in real estate
- Explain the presentation and negotiation of real estate offers and counteroffers
- Detail the negotiating process, including the role of contingencies
- Utilize comparative marketing analysis
Our professional instructors have created this chapter to help you easily review the information necessary to be successful on exam questions about negotiating real estate contracts. We offer a variety of study options to suit your learning style, including watching videos, reading text lessons, reviewing pertinent vocabulary, and practicing with self-check quizzes. Be sure to track your progress on your Dashboard.
1. The Negotiating Process in Real Estate
In this lesson, we'll discuss how the negotiation process works in real estate. We will define the basics of offers, counteroffers, and delivery. The role of contingencies and earnest money is also central in the negotiations.
2. Types of Business Models & Offers in Real Estate
What business model is the best option for a seller? What type of offers might an owner get? Learn how each of the business models work and what offers are possible in this lesson.
3. Comparative Marketing Analysis in Real Estate
In this lesson, we will examine the meaning of 'comparative marketing analysis' in real estate and discover how we can leverage this concept in real life.
4. Real Estate Offers & Counteroffers: Presentation & Negotiation
Being an effective agent requires sharing information in a neutral, direct way and letting your clients consider offers for themselves. Learn about offers and how to present them to your clients.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam: Study Guide & Practice course
- Alabama Real Estate Licensure
- Alabama Real Estate Law & Statutory Requirements
- Alabama Real Estate Violations & Disciplinary Actions
- Understanding Agency Relationships & Agreements in Real Estate
- Ethical Conduct & Professional Duties in Real Estate
- Fundamentals of Business Planning
- Human Resource Management for Real Estate
- Real Estate Licensee Training & Supervision
- Real Estate Sales Contracts for Buyers & Sellers
- Property Disclosures in Real Estate
- Closing & Settlement Real Estate Transactions
- Fundamentals of Real Estate Financing
- Risk Management for Real Estate
- Advertising Laws in Real Estate
- Valuation of Real Property
- Overview of Property Management
- Commercial Real Estate
- New Construction Real Estate
- Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam Flashcards