About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other SAT math work.
- Identify the trigonometry concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our SAT Mathematics Level 2 Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about trigonometry to prepare for the subject test. This resource can help students, including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the Pythagorean theorem, basic trigonometric identities and functions, the law of sines, the law of cosines, the double angle formula or any other trigonometry topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their trigonometry unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to excel on the SAT Mathematics Level 2 subject test
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about trigonometry simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live math tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about trigonometry on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and re-watch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn how to graph the tangent function and understand amplitude, period and phase and vertical shift.
- Review the process for memorizing the first quadrant of the unit circle.
- Find out how to convert between radians and degrees.
- Study methods for solving trigonometric equations for X.
- Review sine, cosine and the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Examine applications for the law of sines and law of cosines.
1. Graphing the Tangent Function: Amplitude, Period, Phase Shift & Vertical Shift
Take a look at how the graph of a tangent function and how we can transform it by making a few small changes to its equation. This video shows how to graph the original function and explains its transformations.
2. Unit Circle: Memorizing the First Quadrant
Memorizing the unit circle can be a daunting task, but this lesson will show you a pattern to help you memorize the points, degree measures, and radian measures for the entire first quadrant.
3. Converting Between Radians and Degrees
Angles can be measured in degrees or radians. This lesson will explore the difference and provide you with a simple calculation that can be used to convert degrees into radians and radians into degrees.
4. How to Solve Trigonometric Equations for X
Adding trigonometric functions into standard algebra equations adds complexity. Learn how to solve trigonometric equations for x and how to use inverse operations to simplify equations.
5. List of the Basic Trig Identities
There are specific trig functions that have very special and very simple relationships with each other. Learn the main one and how you can use it to understand the others.
6. Trigonometry: Sine and Cosine
Learn an easy trick to help you solve trigonometry problems, including problems with sine, cosine and inverse trig functions. At the end of this lesson, you'll know what SohCahToa means and how to use it.
7. Trigonometry and the Pythagorean Theorem
Explore how the Pythagorean Theorem can be used in conjunction with trigonometric functions. In this lesson, take an inverse trigonometric function, and define all three sides of a right triangle.
8. Law of Sines: Definition and Application
Don't get stuck trying to find missing sides or angles in a triangle. Use the Law of Sines to rescue you from any perilous triangle in which you have just a few pieces of information.
9. Law of Cosines: Definition and Application
In this lesson, we'll learn how to solve problems involving three sides and one angle in a triangle. The Law of Cosines, a modification of the Pythagorean Theorem, will save the day.
10. The Double Angle Formula
When you encounter a doubled angle, there are special formulas that can help you handle trigonometric value. In this lesson, we'll define and practice using the double angle formulas for sine, cosine and tangent.
11. Graphing Sine and Cosine
Sine and cosine aren't just for triangles; they can also be waves. See them graphed on the unit circle and then learn how that translates into the sine and cosine waves.
12. Graphing Sine and Cosine Transformations
What happens when we take the sine and cosine wave and transform them? They get bigger, smaller, faster and slower. Find out how in this lesson on sine and cosine wave transformations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SAT Subject Test Mathematics Level 2: Tutoring Solution course
- SAT Math Level 2 Structure & Strategy: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Math Review: Tutoring Solution
- Square Roots: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Algebraic Expressions in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Exponents in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Vectors: Tutoring Solution
- Linear Equations & Inequalities in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- Absolute Value Equations & Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- Polynomials in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- Functions in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Expressions in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- Matrices: Tutoring Solution
- Sequences and Series in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Exponentials and Logarithms in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Complex Numbers in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Coordinate Geometry Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Graphing Linear Equations & Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- Advanced Coordinate Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- Three-Dimensional Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- Probability, Combinations & Permutations: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Data & Statistics: Tutoring Solution
- Logic: Tutoring Solution
- Limits in Math: Tutoring Solution