About This Chapter
Paid Search (PPC) in Marketing - Chapter Summary
This chapter contains information about paid search (PPC) in marketing. Get familiar with how to market your products by using pay per click and AdWords. Other topics discussed in these lessons include:
- The definition and strategy for using pay per click (PPC) advertising
- How to create quality ads for PPC
- Understanding PPC, Ad Rank, and quality score
- Assigning metrics to understand the performance of PPC
These text lessons include their own short quizzes to check how well you understood the lesson material presented. Since lessons are short, it is easy to log in whenever your have a few minutes and complete a couple of lessons. You can track your progress on your dashboard. There is a test at the end of the chapter to make sure you comprehend and remember the most important information. Additionally, one of our most popular features allows you to submit any questions you have directly to one of our experts.
1. Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising: Definition & Strategy
This lesson will explore the pay-per-click (PPC) model of advertising, in which advertisers pay website owners when their ads are clicked. We'll also discuss ways to implement this strategy in a digital marketing plan.
2. The Pros & Cons of PPC for Online Marketing
Pay-Per-Click is another tool in the marketer's toolbox. In this lesson, you'll learn about this online method of advertising and some of the pros and cons of using it in your marketing plan.
3. Using PPC & AdWords for Marketing
Marketers have many tools at their disposal for reaching their target audiences. In this lesson, you'll learn about Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising, and how Adwords can be used to earn clicks and customers.
4. Setting up AdWords Campaigns
AdWords is a useful tool in driving strong ROI (return on investment) for marketing campaigns. It is also a free-to-use, web-based software that is very user friendly. In this lesson, learn how to set up your own AdWords campaign and get started in the world of search engine marketing.
5. Creating Quality Ads for PPC
Pay-Per-Click advertising can be an effective way to reach your target audience. In this lesson, you'll learn how to craft a high-quality, compelling ad.
6. Understanding Ad Rank, PPC & Quality Score
Google uses several tools in the Pay-Per-Click process to determine how your ad is ranked. In this lesson, you'll learn about quality scores and PPC bids and how they determine where your ad is placed.
7. Metrics for Understanding PPC Performance
Pay-Per-Click ads can be a valuable marketing investment, but you must consider metrics to track their effectiveness. In this lesson, you'll learn more about choosing PPC metrics and how to interpret them to improve your campaign.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OMCP Exam Study Guide - Online Marketing Certified Professional course
- Introduction to Marketing Strategies
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Rate Marketing
- Email Marketing Best Practices
- Mobile Marketing Overview
- Search Engine Optimization in Marketing
- Marketing with Social Media
- Web Analytics in Marketing
- OMCP Exam Study Guide - Online Marketing Certified Professional Flashcards