About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering human body pain material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about human pain. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing the different types of pain experienced in the human body
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning heath and wellness (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Pain and Human Body chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Pain and Human Body chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any health and wellness question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about pain and the human body for a standard health and wellness course. Topics covered include:
- Causes of chest pain
- Symptoms of chest pain in women
- Relief for jaw pain
- Treatments for and causes of knee pain
1. Chest Pain: Causes & Symptoms
Chest pain can be incredibly scary. In this lesson, we will take a look at a few of the most common causes and symptoms of chest pain, from the serious to the less severe (but still important).
2. Chest Pain in Women: Causes & Symptoms
Do you know of someone who has chest pain? You may be thinking it's an indicator of a heart attack, and in some cases it might be, but there are many other possibilities for this feeling. This lesson goes over the four major categories behind chest pain.
3. Jaw Pain: Causes & Relief
Do you have jaw pain? This lesson will go over many of the different issues that may lead to jaw pain and some fundamental solutions to reduce the pain.
4. Knee Pain: Causes & Treatment
Many people suffer from knee pain. There are also many causes for knee pain. This lesson goes over many common ones as well as general treatment options for knee pain.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Health and Wellness course