About This Chapter
PARCC ELA- Grade 10: Comparing Different Mediums in Literature - Chapter Summary
Study for the PARCC ELA - Grade 10 exam. The lessons within this chapter were designed to help you improve your ability to compare different mediums in literature. You will also go over:
- The techniques used in various literary mediums
- Text vs. live production
- The ways in which fiction draws on themes from other pieces
- The differences and similarities between historical accounts and fictional portrayals
Watch these videos on your handy mobile device. They include text transcripts and video tags for navigational purposes. Be sure to take the quizzes, which can familiarize you with the sorts of content you'll find on the assessment. Then, you will be capable of performing at your best on test day.
PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Comparing Different Mediums in Literature Chapter Objectives
The PARCC ELA - Grade 10 exam was designed to assess your critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. The exam contains two portions, which include ELA and mathematics. The material discussed in this chapter is part of the ELA section of the exam. The questions are multiple-choice. In order to do well, you need to utilize the resources in this chapter. To make sure you are learning and retaining enough information about mediums in literature, take a quiz after completing each lesson.
1. Comparing Techniques Used in Different Literary Mediums
Literature can take many varying forms, each providing a different experience for the reader, viewer, or listener. This lesson will explore some of the strategies used that make each medium unique. Additionally, the lesson will cover comparative techniques for various literary mediums.
2. Film or Live Production vs. Text: Differences, Similarities & Analysis
When someone takes a text or script and turns it into a play or film, it can change a great deal or only slightly. In this lesson, we'll analyze a few examples, evaluating the choices that were made.
3. How Fiction Draws on Themes from Other Works
How do classic characters like Cinderella translate for our times? In this lesson, we'll discuss theme in literature, and you'll read about an example of how authors sometimes draw on themes from already existing works to appeal to contemporary audiences.
4. Comparing & Contrasting a Fictional Portrayal to Historical Accounts
Many novels take events or people from history and treat them in a fictional manner. The author may make significant changes to the historical facts, but in doing so it can give the reader a deeper understanding of history.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Test Prep & Practice course
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Analyzing a Text
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Evaluating Arguments
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Narrative Structure & Techniques
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Integrating Knowledge from Sources
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Sample Informational Texts
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Sample Literary Texts
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Accounts in Different Mediums
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Reflective & Research Writing
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Organizing Ideas in an Essay
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Types of Essays
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Writing Successful Essays
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Language Facility
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Writing & Reading for Comprehension
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Grammar
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Punctuation
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Writing Mechanics
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Critical Thinking & Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Audience in Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Speech Types & Considerations
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Speech Development
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Delivering a Speech
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Designing & Using Visual Aids for Speeches
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Listening Skills for Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10 Flashcards