About This Chapter
PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Reflective & Research Writing - Chapter Summary
Use this chapter in order to get ready for the PARCC ELA - Grade 10 exam. In the text and video lessons you are about to review, there is important information about both research and reflective writing. There are also insights into:
- The definition of reflective writing
- Crafting a reflective essay
- Finishing a narrative with reflection
- Establishing a formal writing style
- Using a research project to answer a question
- Broadening a research project
The purpose of going through these lessons is to pick up skills and knowledge that will be needed in order to do well on the PARCC ELA Grade 10 exam. Led by credentialed teachers, the video text and lessons can be watched on your mobile device. There are video tags to help you navigate the videos and comprehensive transcript that guide your understanding of reflective and research writing. Take the handy multiple-choice quizzes when you want to test your progress.
PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Reflective & Research Writing Chapter Objectives
Taking the PARCC ELA Grade 10 exam gives you the chance to assess your critical-thinking skills, and it can help you determine if you could succeed in college or technical courses. All of the topics in this chapter are part of the ELA portion of the exam, which contains multiple-choice questions. In order to do well on this exam, you will need to know components of both reflective and research writing. Determining if you are ready to take this exam or not is easy when you go through the self-assessment quizzes.
1. Reflective Writing: Definition & Examples
This lesson will define and explain ways in which reflective writing can enhance learning, as well as present examples of how to use reflective writing in day to day life.
2. What is a Reflective Essay? - Definition, Format & Examples
Reflective writing helps us to think more about ourselves, who we are, and how we have changed. Read on in order to find out more about what a reflective essay is and how reflective essays are written!
3. Concluding Your Narrative with Reflection
Sometimes, after telling a story in our narrative essays, we need a little something more in the conclusion to help the reader understand our meaning. Personal reflections do this.
4. How to Establish and Maintain a Formal Writing Style
Writing a research paper requires a different kind of language than other kinds of writing. We call this writing in a formal style. Fortunately, the rules for writing in a formal style are quite easy. This lesson shows you how to do it.
5. How to Answer a Question with a Research Project
You have been given a question and your assignment is to answer it with a research project. But, where do you begin? What should you do first? This video lesson will respond to those queries in order to help you answer a question with a research project.
6. How to Create a Main Question for a Research Project
When given a research assignment, you often must first create a main question that will be the central focus of your project. This video lesson will help you create that main question.
7. Choose More Questions to Broaden a Research Project
You have created a research project. Now that you are finished, what type of extension questions can you create to broaden your topic? This video lesson will answer that question and help you extend your research project.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Test Prep & Practice course
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Analyzing a Text
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Evaluating Arguments
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Narrative Structure & Techniques
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Integrating Knowledge from Sources
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Sample Informational Texts
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Sample Literary Texts
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Accounts in Different Mediums
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Comparing Mediums in Literature
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Organizing Ideas in an Essay
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Types of Essays
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Writing Successful Essays
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Language Facility
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Writing & Reading for Comprehension
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Grammar
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Punctuation
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Writing Mechanics
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Critical Thinking & Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Audience in Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Speech Types & Considerations
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Speech Development
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Delivering a Speech
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Designing & Using Visual Aids for Speeches
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10: Listening Skills for Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 10 Flashcards