About This Chapter
PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Comparing Mediums in Literature - Chapter Summary
The content in this chapter focuses on mediums in literature and will help you prepare for the PARCC ELA - Grade 11 exam. After going through the chapter lessons, you will know more about:
- Different techniques used in different literary mediums
- Live production vs. text
- Fictional portrayal vs. historical accounts
- Themes in fiction drawn from other works
Pay attention to the material discussed in this chapter, as it will be included on the actual test. After gaining knowledge about different literature mediums, assess your understanding through self-assessment quizzes.
PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Comparing Mediums in Literature Chapter Objectives
In order to see what types of literature skills you acquired in Grade 11, your school may administer the PARCC ELA exam. You will need to complete written responses in response to text, video, and audio-based selections. These written assignments will assess your knowledge of different literature and writing topics. Reviewing as much information as you can from each lesson, you will be fully prepared for any type of literature question on the exam. If you have trouble with a particular topic, you can get help from one of our instructors.
1. Comparing Techniques Used in Different Literary Mediums
Literature can take many varying forms, each providing a different experience for the reader, viewer, or listener. This lesson will explore some of the strategies used that make each medium unique. Additionally, the lesson will cover comparative techniques for various literary mediums.
2. Film or Live Production vs. Text: Differences, Similarities & Analysis
When someone takes a text or script and turns it into a play or film, it can change a great deal or only slightly. In this lesson, we'll analyze a few examples, evaluating the choices that were made.
3. How Fiction Draws on Themes from Other Works
How do classic characters like Cinderella translate for our times? In this lesson, we'll discuss theme in literature, and you'll read about an example of how authors sometimes draw on themes from already existing works to appeal to contemporary audiences.
4. Comparing & Contrasting a Fictional Portrayal to Historical Accounts
Many novels take events or people from history and treat them in a fictional manner. The author may make significant changes to the historical facts, but in doing so it can give the reader a deeper understanding of history.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Test Prep & Practice course
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Analyzing a Text
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Evaluating Arguments
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Narrative Structure & Techniques
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Literature Spectrum
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Integrating Knowledge from Sources
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Sample Informational Texts
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Sample Literary Texts
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Accounts in Different Mediums
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Reflective & Research Writing
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Organizing Ideas in an Essay
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Types of Essay
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Writing Successful Essays
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Language Facility
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Writing & Reading for Comprehension
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Grammar
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Punctuation
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Writing Mechanics
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Critical Thinking & Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Importance of Audience in Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Speech Types & Considerations
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Speech Development
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Delivering a Speech
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Using Visual Aids for Speeches
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Listening Skills for Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11 Flashcards