About This Chapter
PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Organizing Ideas in an Essay - Chapter Summary
Gain the skills necessary to do well on the PARCC ELA Grade 11 exam. In order to learn to develop and organize your ideas in an essay properly, you can review the lessons in this chapter. They are designed to help you with:
- Using sensory language and descriptive details
- Categorizing and organizing ideas and concepts in writing
- Organizing an essay
- Improving an essay by editing it
If your goal is to pick up enough writing skills to correctly address questions on the PARCC exam, you need to utilize these helpful resources. Since they are brief and feature an interactive format, learning is easy.
PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Organizing Ideas in an Essay Chapter Objectives
Taking the PARCC ELA Grade 11 exam gives you the ability to prepare for technical and college courses. As you go through each lesson, you will acquire skills that will be needed to pass this test.
The ELA section of the exam contains multiple-choice questions, where you will have to analyze different passages and text. Use our engaging lessons to improve your ability to organize components of an essay. Once you are finished with this chapter, your overall writing abilities will be better.
1. How to Use Descriptive Details & Sensory Language in Your Writing
When you write a narrative, you can draw your reader into your experiences by adding specific, concrete details to your storytelling. This lesson tells you exactly how to do it.
2. Organizing and Categorizing Ideas, Concepts and Information
In this lesson, you will learn clear, simple ways to group your ideas together. First, you'll figure out what the paper is about, and then the rest is easy!
3. How to Organize an Essay
In this video, we will cover the steps involved in organizing an essay. We'll talk about titles, introductory paragraphs, concluding paragraphs, main points, transition statements and editing.
4. How to Edit and Improve Essay Content
Going back through an essay that you've written in order to make substantive content improvements can be a daunting task. Fortunately, there are some basic principles that you can apply to whip your essay into shape.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Test Prep & Practice course
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Analyzing a Text
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Evaluating Arguments
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Narrative Structure & Techniques
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Literature Spectrum
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Integrating Knowledge from Sources
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Sample Informational Texts
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Sample Literary Texts
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Accounts in Different Mediums
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Comparing Mediums in Literature
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Reflective & Research Writing
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Types of Essay
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Writing Successful Essays
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Language Facility
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Writing & Reading for Comprehension
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Grammar
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Punctuation
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Writing Mechanics
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Critical Thinking & Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Importance of Audience in Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Speech Types & Considerations
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Speech Development
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Delivering a Speech
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Using Visual Aids for Speeches
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Listening Skills for Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11 Flashcards