About This Chapter
PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Reflective & Research Writing - Chapter Summary
When you're planning to take the PARCC ELA - Grade 11 exam, you'll want to make sure you're prepared. Taking a look through this engaging chapter, you can pick up useful details about research and reflective writing. You will also have the chance to learn to:
- Provide examples of reflective essays and research writing
- Use reflection to conclude a narrative
- Maintain a formal style of writing
- Use a research project to answer questions
- Create a main question
- Understand methods for broadening a research project
Actively pay attention throughout each lesson to pick up useful skills and knowledge so you can perform well on the exam. Using self-assessment quizzes, you can quickly gauge your knowledge along the way.
PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Reflective & Research Writing Chapter Objectives
Checking your skills and understanding of different reading and writing topics is possible if you take the PARCC ELA Grade 11 exam. It was created to help you prepare for advanced learning. The questions on this test are multiple-choice, and they will ask you to analyze different types of writing styles. Review each lesson several times to understand what types of questions are going to be asked.
1. Reflective Writing: Definition & Examples
This lesson will define and explain ways in which reflective writing can enhance learning, as well as present examples of how to use reflective writing in day to day life.
2. What is a Reflective Essay? - Definition, Format & Examples
Reflective writing helps us to think more about ourselves, who we are, and how we have changed. Read on in order to find out more about what a reflective essay is and how reflective essays are written!
3. Concluding Your Narrative with Reflection
Sometimes, after telling a story in our narrative essays, we need a little something more in the conclusion to help the reader understand our meaning. Personal reflections do this.
4. How to Establish and Maintain a Formal Writing Style
Writing a research paper requires a different kind of language than other kinds of writing. We call this writing in a formal style. Fortunately, the rules for writing in a formal style are quite easy. This lesson shows you how to do it.
5. How to Answer a Question with a Research Project
You have been given a question and your assignment is to answer it with a research project. But, where do you begin? What should you do first? This video lesson will respond to those queries in order to help you answer a question with a research project.
6. How to Create a Main Question for a Research Project
When given a research assignment, you often must first create a main question that will be the central focus of your project. This video lesson will help you create that main question.
7. Choose More Questions to Broaden a Research Project
You have created a research project. Now that you are finished, what type of extension questions can you create to broaden your topic? This video lesson will answer that question and help you extend your research project.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Test Prep & Practice course
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Analyzing a Text
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Evaluating Arguments
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Narrative Structure & Techniques
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Literature Spectrum
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Integrating Knowledge from Sources
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Sample Informational Texts
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Sample Literary Texts
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Accounts in Different Mediums
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Comparing Mediums in Literature
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Organizing Ideas in an Essay
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Types of Essay
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Writing Successful Essays
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Language Facility
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Writing & Reading for Comprehension
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Grammar
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Punctuation
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Writing Mechanics
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Critical Thinking & Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Importance of Audience in Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Speech Types & Considerations
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Speech Development
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Delivering a Speech
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Using Visual Aids for Speeches
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Listening Skills for Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11 Flashcards