About This Chapter
PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Speech Types & Considerations - Chapter Summary
The PARCC ELA Grade 11 exam will require your knowledge of different speech types and considerations. Properly review relevant material by using the lessons in this chapter. The following topics will be discussed:
- Speech types, including persuasive and informative
- Patterns of organization for persuasive and informative speeches
- The art of persuasion when it comes to public speaking
- Persuasive messages and their legal issues
- Giving different kinds of speeches to a small audience
In order to fully understand how different types of speeches are used, you can review the materials in these animated video lessons. Once you do, you will be better prepared for the real exam.
PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Speech Types & Considerations Chapter Objectives
Taking the PARCC ELA Grade 11 exam gives you the opportunity to test your skills and knowledge of different reading and writing topics. You will have to answer multiple-choice questions on the exam, which require you to analyze different passages. In order to do well on this exam, you need to pick up the analytical skills required to review different components of speeches. This is possible if you utilize our resources, which feature an engaging format.
1. Types of Speeches: Informative, Persuasive, and Special Occasion
There are essentially three types of speeches public speakers use to influence their audience. In this lesson, we'll look at those three types of speeches and how each serves a different purpose.
2. Patterns of Organization for Informative Speeches
Informational speeches are designed to inform an audience about a topic. The information should be organized so it is clear, logical and easy to understand and follow. The pattern of organization depends greatly on the information presented.
3. Patterns of Organization for Persuasive Speeches
Organizing information for a persuasive speech will help to convince your audience of your point and keeps information flowing in a logical order. This can be done using a problem/solution order or Monroe's motivated sequence pattern.
4. The Art of Persuasion in Public Speaking
Persuasion is all around you. You are likely trying to persuade someone or they are persuading you all of the time. In this lesson, you will learn about the different types of persuasion and the strategies you can use.
5. Legal and Ethical Concerns of Persuasive Messages
Persuasive messages are used to promote, advertise, advocate and inform individuals in the workplace. There are many legal and ethical concerns that need to be addressed when persuasive messages are used in a business environment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Test Prep & Practice course
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Analyzing a Text
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Evaluating Arguments
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Narrative Structure & Techniques
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Literature Spectrum
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Integrating Knowledge from Sources
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Sample Informational Texts
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Sample Literary Texts
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Accounts in Different Mediums
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Comparing Mediums in Literature
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Reflective & Research Writing
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Organizing Ideas in an Essay
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Types of Essay
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Writing Successful Essays
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Language Facility
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Writing & Reading for Comprehension
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Grammar
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Punctuation
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Writing Mechanics
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Critical Thinking & Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Importance of Audience in Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Speech Development
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Delivering a Speech
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Using Visual Aids for Speeches
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Listening Skills for Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11 Flashcards