About This Chapter
PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Using Visual Aids for Speeches - Chapter Summary
The lessons within this chapter are full of details about the use of visual aids. Learn all you can about the subject before taking the PARCC ELA Grade 11 exam. You will have the chance to explore these topics:
- The role of visual aids
- Different types of slides and visual aids for business-related presentations
- Presenting data with visual aids
- Benefits and disadvantages of using technology to present information
- Developing a tone for a presentation in PowerPoint
- Ways of using effective handouts
As you look through all of the visual aid information that is in each lesson, you will start getting a better idea of what's going to be on the PARCC ELA exam. Learn by watching the lessons, reading the transcripts and submitting questions to instructors.
PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Using Visual Aids for Speeches Chapter Objectives
Identifying your strengths when it comes to writing and reading is possible when you take the PARCC ELA Grade 11 exam, which contains multiple-choice questions. In order to do well on the visual aid portion of this exam, you need to recollect as much information as you can from this chapter. You can take advantage of the self-assessment quizzes for this purpose.
1. The Role of Visuals in Communication
Visuals used in business communication can help with message development. This lesson will explain how the use of visuals can increase understanding, development, communication, and the retainment of a message.
2. Types of Visual Aids for Business Presentations
Visuals aids in business help create memorable key points, evaluate data, and understand complex relationships. There are many different types of visual aids that can be used in business presentations.
3. Using Visuals to Present Data: Textual Graphics vs. Visual Graphics
Textual and visual graphics can aid in visually presenting data to a business audience. You must first identify the type of data you will be presenting and then decide whether it is details, patterns or relationships being communicated.
4. Using Technology to Deliver a Presentation: Pros, Cons & Strategies
In today's wired world, there are many different technology strategies companies can use to deliver a message effectively, from simple slide presentations to live videos. This lesson covers the basics of several popular technologies and addresses the pros and cons of each.
5. How to Set the Tone for Your PowerPoint Presentation
The tone of a speech has a lot to do with how the audience feels when you speak. In this lesson, we will discuss best practices when creating your slides and setting the tone for your presentation.
6. Types of Slides: Structured & Free-Form
Visual aids help an audience retain, understand and enjoy a business presentation. Two types of specific slides that can be selected to help communicate a message include structured and free-form.
7. Tips for Using Effective Handouts in a Presentation
Audience members expect to be educated, informed or persuaded during a presentation. Handouts aid in the recall of the information presented. There are specific tips for using effective handouts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Test Prep & Practice course
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Analyzing a Text
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Evaluating Arguments
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Narrative Structure & Techniques
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Literature Spectrum
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Integrating Knowledge from Sources
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Sample Informational Texts
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Sample Literary Texts
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Accounts in Different Mediums
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Comparing Mediums in Literature
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Reflective & Research Writing
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Organizing Ideas in an Essay
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Types of Essay
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Writing Successful Essays
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Language Facility
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Writing & Reading for Comprehension
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Grammar
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Punctuation
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Writing Mechanics
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Critical Thinking & Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Importance of Audience in Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Speech Types & Considerations
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Speech Development
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Delivering a Speech
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11: Listening Skills for Public Speaking
- PARCC ELA - Grade 11 Flashcards