About This Chapter
PECT PAPA: Integers - Chapter Summary
The material covered in this series of lessons can prepare you for questions on the PECT PAPA exam related to solving mathematical operations with integers. In these videos, our professional instructors step you through example problems that demonstrate:
- What an integer is
- Adding integers
- Multiplying integers
- Subtraction with integers
- Dividing integers
In addition to watching these videos, complete the quizzes to determine what topics you don't know and then use the video tags to review the parts of the lessons that discussed them. For additional review, read over the text transcripts that help you identify the key terms and figures of the lessons. Once you have a firm understanding of the material presented, take the practice chapter exam to determine if you know what you need to know for the PECT PAPA about integers.
PECT PAPA: Integers Chapter Objectives
Individuals preparing to become teachers in the state of Pennsylvania must take the PECT PAPA exam as part of their initial certification process. This computer-based exam has three individual modules that can be taken together or separately. When you take the mathematics module, you will be asked to complete 36 multiple-choice questions administered in a 75-minute testing session. These lessons and assessments can be used to improve your understanding of integers so that you can do well on related questions on the mathematics module.
1. What are Integers? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we will learn about integers - what they are and what distinguishes them from other types of numbers. We'll also take a look at a few examples of things that can or cannot be measured with integers.
2. Adding Positive & Negative Integers
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to add all kinds of integers together. This is a skill that will benefit you when playing games and when doing math tests. After watching the video, try some example problem on your own with our quiz.
3. Multiplying Integers: Rules & Examples
In this lesson, we will discuss what numbers are included in the integers and how to multiply them. We will deal with 1-, 2-, and 3-digit numbers as well as negatives and positives. There are some definitions included as well as a quiz at the end.
4. Dividing Integers: Rules & Terminology
In this lesson, we will learn how to divide integers or signed numbers. Determining the correct sign of the answer is a very simple but important step in these calculations. We will also learn the role of zero in division of integers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PECT PAPA: Practice & Study Guide course
- PECT PAPA: Meaning of Words & Phrases in Text
- PECT PAPA: Purpose, Main Idea & Organization of Texts
- PECT PAPA: Analyzing & Interpreting Texts
- PECT PAPA: Drawing Inferences from Texts
- PECT PAPA: Numbers & the Number System
- PECT PAPA: Whole Numbers
- PECT PAPA: Positive & Negative Numbers
- PECT PAPA: Rational & Irrational Numbers
- PECT PAPA: Decimals
- PECT PAPA: Percents
- PECT PAPA: Fractions
- PECT PAPA: Exponents
- PECT PAPA: Linear & Nonlinear Functions
- PECT PAPA: Inequalities
- PECT PAPA: Basic Measurement
- PECT PAPA: Geometric Concepts
- PECT PAPA: Measuring Geometric Figures
- PECT PAPA: Data & Statistics
- PECT PAPA: Probability
- PECT PAPA: Problem Solving & Reasoning in Math
- PECT PAPA: Writing Structure
- PECT PAPA: Syntax, Grammar & Sentence Structure
- PECT PAPA: Spelling, Capitalization & Punctuation
- PECT PAPA: Writing Strategy
- PECT PAPA: Revising Your Writing
- PECT PAPA Flashcards